1. This forum is in read-only mode.

magic the gathering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jc_106, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

hey people... just started to play this game a few months ago, and i like it a lot... it seems it is pretty popular around the world... who else plays it too??...

2. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

I played it but somehow i lost any kind of interest in it as nowadays wizard simply invented too much unnecessary stuff into that game

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Oooh I have. So...what got you started now when magic was created a loooong time ago. Btw, what set you playing now? Lorwyn?

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i use to play, but i quit, cant stand the MTG comunity in my area....they are adult which doesnt act like an adult

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

How so...? They cry when they lose or something.

6. calvin_0

they have no sportsman ship.....everytime they lose, they insult your with F words....when you make a mistake, they insult you with F words, when you call the judge to clear some rullings, they insult you with F words......you get the idea.....

i found Yugioh and Pokemon have better comunities.....

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Well.....that's life for you. Well no offense or anything, but I don't know...to me Pokemon is childish. And I like magic because the combos you can come up with is just amazing.

8. calvin_0

life? no i dont think so, i think they are just sore loser.....and things get much worse during major tourney....

Pokemon childish? in my area, most pokemon player are aged around 13-26...and they are childish? In term of dept, pokemon arent going to lose to either yugioh or MTG and there is combo in pokemon just like yugioh and MTG and do you think i can be active in pokemon for 7 years if those thing arent in the game....

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

no, no... the combos you can come up with mtg are the best ever... there are plenty of cards: creatures, sorceries, instants, enchantments and more... each has rules, and it gets really really cool if you're playing with friends who aren't bad people...

yep, that's true... nowadays it's very easy to create a decent deck, but getting the best is an impossible mission...

my friends had a great influence on me, some of them play since they were 7... and no, i prefer the tenth edition, i think lorwin thinks too much about creature kinds, and not about the combos you can make with different ones... i have a white deck, and basically for lorwyn white is kithkins...

the best deck i think there can be is a slivers deck... there's so much you can do with them...

10. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not exactly saying pokemon dont have combos. Just not that great. You havent seen the pros play MTG. The king of combo they can come up with....geez. Theres one combo where you can get infinite lives.

11. calvin_0

"Theres one combo where you can get infinite lives."

are you refering to PO9 cards from the Alpha and Beta sets?, anyway i'm not intrested in MTG anymore, i'm much better to stick with Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon.

12. letisiab

letisiab New Member

Childish adults? What kinda people wanna spend $$$ on pieces of cards and spend hours after hours practicing for tournaments that lasted for hours only to win more pieces of cards? Children of course..hopefully everyone will grow outta it like i did..No surprise the adults playing these are childish..

P.S: Age has no consequences whatsoever on maturity..its a choice..

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

hence the saying 'growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional'

14. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

No the new sets can make the infinite live combo. Anyway, hey you just don't know how to make money with your cards. Sell them. Sometimes you can find people dumb enough to pay a crazy price for the cards. And the price goes up during tournaments when people start making those krazy combos.

15. calvin_0

so true XD

16. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

yep... i have some rare cards, and some friends of mine want to give 20€ and 30€ for just one... it's simply crazy... i like playing the game, but not that much... some friends of mine are collectors, and they have spent more than 200€ on cards...

tell me, then... what kind of people will spend $$$ on pieces of plastic (for those who haven't got it, it's games...) just to play and let them go??... come on, these cards are just for fun... you can play and be a good player without spending massive amounts of money...

if you have rare cards, and you are lucky to find a mad collector, you are sure to make some easy money...

17. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

What kind of person? Crazy and rich. Sad when you think about the reality, you pay like what, sometimes 50bucks for a piece of paper and in some cases for the crappy drawings.

18. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

Meh, I used to play. I remember getting Phage the Untouchable on my second booster ;D

But my friends started using those cards from the really old sets, which totally raped my deck with their combos.

After about a year or two, I stopped. I'm still keeping my cards though. Who knows? One day it might be worth a pretty penny.

19. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Phage? Ehehe she looks weird. I thought she was a good card at first. But...dunno, now i think she's pretty crappy.
    By the way, jin, if you are reading this, tell me, where did you get that sig? The proper english crap. Seen some other guys have it too.
    If you don't mind. I stole it from you.

20. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i'd like to see everyone using this sig i have about proper english...