1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Magic The Gathering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Datanotfound, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Anyone here play? I was hanging out with a friend recently who had just starting playing and I was thinking of trying it myself. Just curious if any other RomUnites are playing or have any feelings toward the game. =p

2. Orbijx

Orbijx Member

I used to play, but the game has jumped the shark with a lot of these new booster/starter sets.

I have a shoebox full of M:tG cards (about 10-15 pounds of cards, I guess), and will probably never touch them again at this rate.

3. Datanotfound

Wish I could relate, just coming into the game the only cards I really know about are the ones from the newest block =/

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Used to play. The gradual power creep made it not worth it. Similar to Yu-Gi-Oh. Becomes rich man's game at high levels. Meta focuses on specific decks to exclusion of all others.

Expensive too. Now have cheaper hobby - collecting small commercial aircraft.

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

yes, its very expensive if you are into collecting, if you are playing, i suggest you buy a pre-built deck and have fun, just upgrade it if you find some cards useless or not up to your liking.

Used to play and collect, made a bit of profit at the start but later, lost more than made. i still have my golden deck but stop playing when i started college.

6. snak3.3y3s

snak3.3y3s Member

I used to play also but it got to be too much work to keep up with all the rule changes and new editions. If you have a core group of friends to play with casually it could be fun. But going beyond that it gets very expensive. I would like to see a NDS version of Magic.

7. Datanotfound

I see what you guys mean now, the next shard of the expansion is coming out in late april, the next core set is ocming out mid july, and the next expansion block is starting out in september.

Way to much to keep up with, but I'll try =p

8. xXHomeboiDXx

xXHomeboiDXx Member

yeh, I have two decks, blue/black and red/white and usually play magic at skool wif my friends

9. damanali

i tried to make a red melee and a red blaster but damned the price tag on each card. and also, also, its a bit funny to see those "proxy" cards. hehehe

has anybody used that?

10. Datanotfound

At the moment I'm using a 5 colour deck, its just a bunch of cards thrown together that were donated to me by older magic players =p

I'm trying to afford a control/mill (mono blue) deck that I pieced together earlier in the week.

11. damanali

if your using a 5 colour deck, then you'll need multi-color mana producers, not the number producers but the any mana source cards which can be extremely expensive.