1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M3i Zero or DSTwo?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by rawrraywolf, Oct 22, 2010.

1. rawrraywolf

rawrraywolf Member

I'm buying a DSi XL in a month or so and I've been trying to figure out which flash cart to get.
    I've narrowed it down to M3i Zero and the DSTwo and I'm completely stumped with which to get, though I'm leaning a little toward to DSTwo.

Which has better support/updates? I'd hate to buy one which doesn't update frequently
    I'd love to play GBA games and I'm aware only the DSTwo can do that, but it's not a must-have feature for me, I can live without it if the M3i Zero is better in all other ways.

Regarding which micro sd size to get, I'm clueless with that too.
    I've got 14 DS games I'll want to play for sure, and probably another 5-10 I'll want to try out, what size card would be best? I was thinking 4GB, but now it feels that might be too small.

Also, is shoptemp reliable to buy from? a DSTwo+8GB card would be $84 in my currency (New Zealand Dollar) compared to buying from an auction site over here where one guy quoted me $120 for a DSTwo+4gb card.
    The 2-5 week delivery time makes me flinch a little with shoptemp, but if they're reliable I'll deal with it.

I really appreciate any and all responses, not matter how big or small, thanks :)

A pro/con of each would be wonderful if anyone knows enough about both

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

DSTWO for sure.

Doesn't need to be updated much, but gets updates frequently.

Yes shoptemp is trusted.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

to continue what Yoshi has said, it is correct, though i will add a pro/con.
    DSTWO-
    Pro- Hardware patching (will play ANY new game)
    Con- None i can find (i use it myself)

M3i zero-
    Pro- nice UI
    Con- Mine broke and i couldn't get the MicroSD out >.>

4. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

dstwo all the way but shoptemp is a bit slllllllllllllllllooooow on the postage still don't have my dstwo its been over 2 weeks now....

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Well rawr, since ya seem to want it a bit faster, the site i use ships it in 8-16 days(1-2 weeks) =D
    http://www.ishopvideogame.com/supercard-dstwo-for-dsi-xl-dsi-p-1868.html

6. Sparks97

Sparks97 Well-Known Member

I'd personally say M3i Zero for features, but I really only use a flashcart for playing games. I'm about to buy a SuperCard for the compatibilty with all the new games. Also, a SuperCard DSTWO can play GBA and SNES games, which people haven't developed real emulators for.

7. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

DSTWO by a long mile.

A friend of mine uses M3i Zero and is constantly mentioning how jealous he is of me having a DSTWO and how it can do so much.

If you're looking for flashcart that can play recently released DS ROMs, then DSTWO is for you.

8. rawrraywolf

rawrraywolf Member

Lots of votes for the DSTwo I see :)
    I've been googling and I've found a few cases of people having problems with battery life, claming that the DSTwo drains power quickly, giving only a few hours of gameplay. Also saw a few people saying SoulSilver has freezes and issues with AP, which would suck because it's one of the main games I'll want to play.

Keep it coming guys, I really appreciate it

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Battery issues are few and far in between. People may want to note how many times they've charged their DS. There is a limited amount of charge cycles until battery life diminishes. My DS Phat can only run for about two hours in DS mode anymore due to how used the battery is.

Soul Silver should work perfectly fine by now too. They have fixed every big title that had a little incident with minor firmware regression, and many misc. ones to the point that every game you could want to play on the DS should work.

You will probably find yourself wanting to play more than just 25 games or so too, on top of the many extras you will find with the DSTwo, so I would suggest probably an 8GB for convenience if anything else.

10. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

Yeah what he said i think on the dsi theres a limit of 300 charges before it goes dead, you only charge it when its red or when you are going out and you need full battery. I have a Dsi XL and its great because of the nice big ass screens but when you play touch screen games or mario kart its hard because its to big, well for my hands anyway.

11. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Don't worry so much about the batteries. You can actually buy them cheaply from many places from gaming stores and online stores. If you enjoy your games and think you'll be playing the DS/DSi/DSi XL for many years to come, there's no hurting in buying a spare battery or two.

12. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

That's because they are low on DSTWO's, they get purchased really often.

This, because you'll need to recharge it many times when using the DSTWO, as it's functions (GBA emulator, SNES emulator, iReader, etc.) need more battery power then other cards.

13. rawrraywolf

rawrraywolf Member

Awesome, thanks for all your help guys. I'll be getting the DSTwo then, and a 8gb card. Hopefully they'll both last me a long while.

14. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Even through I have a m3i zero the dstwo is the best card for ds and the dsi

15. jjyypi

jjyypi Member

16. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Member

84$ in his currency is 63$ US (I think)