1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M3i Zero - An error has occured

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kurtfryer, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kurtfryer

kurtfryer Member

My apologies if this has already been answered, i have searched on romulation and all over google for hours only to come to no solution.

I recently bought a cheap working DSi, i sold my DSL years ago.

I have since then had a M3i Zero lying around waiting to be used.

I have tried the latest F_CORE for the m3i zero 4.1.0 and many others, none have worked, i am using the latest firmwares(sakura etc) and have tried many others.

I have tried many cards including Kingston and transcend, all legitimate makes.

I have the old m3i zero chip.

I am on DSI Firmware 4.4.4 and when i launch my chip i get the following error message :

"An error has occurred.
    Press and hold the POWER
    Button to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the Nintendo DSi
    Operations Manual for details."

I am wondering if there is a current solution to my problem and if not, will there be one in the future for my old model M3i zero at all?

If you need any more questions do please ask.

Thank you for your time,

Kurt.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. Seems to me the DSi is running the latest firmware, that's a big issue since it basically block all use of flash cart that
    doesn't support that firmware. Which is why you see that error info when you try to load the M3i.
    2. See if M3i Zero has an update to run on that DSi's latest firmware of yours, but here's another big issue even if there is
    such firmware for the M3i, you can't use that DSi to do the upgrading of your M3i, you need an NDS/NDSL or an DSi that
    is running a firmware below the latest.
    3. Easy solution is to buy a pre-flashed flash cart that is already pre-installed with the latest firmware to run on the DSi's
    latest firmware.

3. kurtfryer

kurtfryer Member

M3i is suppose to be flashable with the cable.

I am using the 4.1.0 F_CORE which claims it supports 4.4.4 dsi software

4. Prectorian

Like I said, if it does support the latest DSi firmware, then you need to update the M3i, except that you can't do it on that console of yours since it shows that error message remember? That message means the console blocks use of flash carts that isn't updated to run on it. So to solve it, if that M3i does support the DSi's firmware, is to use an NDS/NDSL or a DSi that is below that firmware version. Only then can the M3i work on your own DSi. Or...buy a new flash cart that is already pre-installed with an update to run on the latest DSi firmware.

5. kurtfryer

kurtfryer Member

I thought the m3i's flashable chip and cable prevented the need of this by doing it via usb.

The main purpose i bought it.

You aren't suppose to update the M3i chip through the ds system, but through the actual chip itself with the F_CORE file on the memory stick (correct me if i'm wrong).

There has been a fix release to make it compatible with the 3ds through booting the update through an older ds but it requires the NEW model.

My main question...is it likely to receive the F_CORE for the OLD model or should i buy a new flash cart and which one?

6. Prectorian

If you had done the upgrading/updating as per instructed to overcome that latest DSi firmware, but still receive that error message. Then you might want to start weighing your alternative options. Cause seems to me, the method you did as directed by the developer didn't fulfill expectation, it's still blocked from running on the latest DSi firmware.