1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M3 Simply... Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xillion, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xillion

xillion Member

I dont know if something like this has already been posted, but I couldnt find anything, so here it goes:

I have an M3 Simply, and until now every game had been running ok on it. However, when I downloaded Magician's Quest, it wouldnt work. Then I searched for a firmware, but it seems it has been stopped since version 1.14.

Well, is there any site where I can download a new version of the M3 Simply firmware, if there is one? If there isn't, which firmware should I use? Do I have to buy a new M3, or R4, or N5, or whatever? If so, which one do you recomend?

Sorry for any writing mistakes and the amount of questions. Im really worried about this. =/

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What exactly happens when you load Magician's Quest? You should consider ARM7 patching the ROM https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. xillion

xillion Member

"Unable to read save data. Please turn the power OFF and reinsert the Game Card."

It seems to be a very common problem. I downloaded the DSBuff to try Arm7 patch the rom, but I need an older .arm7 file, right? So, how do I get one?

4. anandjones

You need to get the ARM7 binaries from another or donor ROM that already works on the M3 Simply.

5. xillion

xillion Member

Hum... Ok. But how do I get the Arm7 file from another rom? I need to have an older arm7 file to swap with the new one, but how do I "take it" from the older rom?

Thank you for helping me.

6. anandjones

DSBuff should be able to do it, and DSLazy.

7. xillion

xillion Member

Ok. I patched the rom with an older arm7 file, but it still gives me the same message...

If its not the arm7 file that causes the error, then what could be causing it?

8. anandjones

It is the newer ARM7 binary that is causing the issue. Try with another binary from another ROM that you know works completely fine on your flashcart.

9. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

its probably not the ARM7 binary, it may be the same prob with Bleach: Dark Souls

10. anandjones

The newer binaries that are incompatible with the current firmware is mainly the source for the save error messages.

11. xillion

xillion Member

I took the arm7 file from Brain Age, which works fine on my ds...
    M3 simply doesnt get any firmware update anymore, does it?

12. anandjones

Not that I've seen lately no.

13. xillion

xillion Member

Ah... I guess I'll have to buy a new card then... Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.