1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M3 Real Saving Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dunkeldecke, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Dunkeldecke

Dunkeldecke Well-Known Member

Hi,

nice 2 meet ya'll but lets get straight to business.

I got my M3 hooked up and ready for gaming. I already have a lot of games and everything works fine but now I have a problem with a certain game. I can start it perfectly but whenever I try to save the screen turns blue and I get following message:

''Error saving data.

The backup memory has failed.
    The game may be played, but it is impossible to save.

Please turn of the Power.''

Btw the game is Soul Silver. And no this is not another stupid Thread because the original one expressly states it should work fine on M3. My firmware and everything else is exactly how it is supposed to be.

I'd appreciate some answers - thank you.

Greetz DD

2. Hokap

Hokap Member

Have you got the latest firmware which is 4.7hx, any other M3 can't save on SoulSilver. So that may be the problem, and either way, pokemon isn't fixed yet as the rom hasn't been patched cause of AP or what not.

So even if you can save, you won't be able to get past the 3rd/4th gym at best.

3. Dunkeldecke

Thank you for the answer.

I already have 4.7hx and I have a patched version from youtube. I also tried the rom from this site but it doesn't seem to work.

4. TheRealFatShady

TheRealFatShady Well-Known Member

I had some older firmware and I could start the game no problem. No cheats or anything.

I used the rom from the site. I can't get past Goldenrod city or use the Wifi in the pokecenter basement, both instantly freeze.

I just updated to 4.7h X and get the same problems as I had before. Strange we have different results with the same card?

5. Dunkeldecke

That's possible.

Well I got it fixed now.

Close.