1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M3 DS real problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cheesypopcorn, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheesypopcorn

cheesypopcorn Active Member

Unpacked a DS ROM into my microSD, tried to load it up but it froze after scrolling down a few pages of my games.

Attempted to delete SYSTEM folder, only to be told "Cannot remove folder skin2: The directory is not empty." The folder had a few files in it, but still read as holding 0 bytes. Entered folder, deleted items, made folder no longer read-only, attempted to delete. Same message.

Same thing with folder "saverDB".

Tried putting new SYSTEM folder in anyways. Got error "jzip could not create the file '\\?\H:\system\saverDB\axbj01.sav'. Please check and try again".

Edit: Managed to get passed that (renamed the old file inside and just made an all-new SYSTEM file). But I still get the initial freezing problem that never existed before.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Re: M3 DS real formatting problems

Deleting is not the same as formatting.

My Computer -> right-click on microSD card -> Format -> OK.

3. cheesypopcorn

cheesypopcorn Active Member

Okay. There. The thread does not say "formatting" now.

Thank you for not actually addressing any kind of problem that I am having.

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

And thank you for ignoring my perfectly valid advice.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

if you want to hold all your games, you need only Moonshell 2, make a directory named: dustbox And get into moonshell 2,
    if you are into that folder, hold start on the files you want to delete, it will sent the files into de ''dustbox'' You can do now on your back, with your computer, the deleting work. set the new files into your SD card, the problem must be solved now.
    Post Merge: [time]1253954754[/time]
    it works for me too! i was playing a Snes game with my R4, (actually works this tool on every flashcard) and the emulator has set an undeleteable item in my directory! (this is the thing how to delete with moonshell 2) (and if you will ask, moonshell 2 can't delete directory's)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.