1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M3 DS REAL not accepting microSD card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gobalot, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobalot

Gobalot Active Member

One of my M3 DS REAL cards will no longer take a microSD card, you can push the memory card in but it just springs back out. I have removed the small plastic clips around the edge of the card and have got to the "innards", but the docking area for the microSD card looks to be fine. Does anyone know a way of repairing this ? Is there a spring clip that has bent out of place or something? CHEERS

2. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

are you sure that you are inserting it right?

3. Raqueldms

Raqueldms Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have some problems trying to insert my MicroSD card, but it's usually because I'm not inserting it right.
    Did you put much strength while trying to insert it?

4. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

so did it help?

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

You've "popped" the spring lock/trigger that holds the SD card in place, should be able to take the M3 apart and if needed repair it or you might be able to remove it to where the SD card will just slide in as long as it touchs the connectors it will work.

6. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Just buy a new one if so, they're cheap.

7. Gobalot

Gobalot Active Member

Thanks Apocalyptica, I have now found the small wire spring and when the M3 card is open I can push a microSD card inside, then slide the spring with a pin and it keeps the microSD card in place. But when I remove the microSD card it again fails to grip the next microSD. Is this a one time fix, then never remove the microSD card again, or can I make the wire spring work properly again? Obviously I need to superglue the card back together to use and then will be unable to open again if I need to insert another card !!!

And to Kiekoes, the cheapest I can get the card for is about £25, which isn't cheap! Do you know of a cheaper supplier????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.