1. This forum is in read-only mode.

M&L Bowser's Inside Story Getting Annoying With the NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by vahkiti, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

Ok, I'm getting pissed off at this now. I have a clean rom of M&L BIS, I downloaded and unpacked YSMenu, all the files are there. When I run it through the R4 menu, it freezes solid at the file select screen. When I TRY to load it through YSMenu, is says Unsupported DLDI name. Nothing I have Googled on this for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT has helped, I'm halfway through Partners In Time and I want this up and running by the time I am done.

What
    Do
    I
    DO?
    ???

A little info on what I am running just to leave nothing up to debate:

Nintendo DSi with Firmware v1.03u
    R4i SDHC & RTS, (August 09 Build, purchased from Deveno.com)
    8GB Kingston MSD HC
    R4 RTS Firmware 2.2
    YSMenu Version: Unknown

I also have Moonshell 2 in there, but I rarely use it.

[Luigiimpression]HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP![/Luigiimpression]

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Just to be sure, you did follow the instructions in this thread right: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.0

3. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

I also tried the 1.4.1 Akaio loader , but it froze on a black screen and I had to reset the system.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Did you compile YSMenu yourself or is it pre-compiled?

5. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

I got a pre-compiled build from another site, other people replied to this guy saying it worked. This isn't just a BIS thing either. YSMenu won't load ANY roms.

6. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

Here are some instructions that are easy as 1,2,3.

First backup and delete everything off your Micro SD card.

Then Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9HZ8DTVK

After, unzip the folder, then put the contents of it on your Micro SD card, and add the CLEAN "Bowsers Inside Story" rom inside the "games" folder.

Run your R4 in your ds, then select it, and it should perfectly.

If this doesn't work (THOUGH IT SHOULD) just read my sig.

7. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

Clean rom, by that you mean unpatched 128 MB rom right?

Also, I don't need those MACOSX Copys do I?

8. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

You need to make sure you drag the TTMenu folder to your microSD and delete the YSMenu.sys and the .ARP file

9. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

It just keeps telling me cannot find this or that system file, all those that I deleted. <_<

Also, I can't see signatures.

10. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

Yes, The 128 MB unpatched rom.

MACOSX Copys? i have a mac, and i just drag and drop.

EDIT: Maybe R4i has different system files from an r4. and my sig says: When in doubt, buy a shotgun. <<<
    just for peeps who cant read sigs^^^

11. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

Ok new problems. Got YSMenu working. But when I try to load a rom, still gives me "unsupported DLDI name" that's the one thing I need to fix there. As for the AKAIO loader. I downloaded 1.5 and when I try to load the .nds file, it flashed a white screen for a spit second then freezes at black. I patched a copy of the rom just to see if it would help, and on normal loading from the R4 menu, it got me past the file select glitch, but only just, as it froze at black AFTER I selected the file. <_<

Edit: The rom patcher was nice. I run Windows ME, (old I know) and it's nice to find something that actually works in REAL MSDOS and not Windows XP's "CMD". :)

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you patched YSMenu.nds with the R4 DLDI driver before building.

13. platinum96

platinum96 Member

how do i do that?

14. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

Not quite sure where to find that. And considering it's a precompiled build, I assumed that would have already been done. Does it matter that I'm running an R4i RTS?

EDIT: Now IDK if mine is a DSTT clone, or a REAL R4i. It came from Deveno.com, which links to R4ds.cn.

15. platinum96

platinum96 Member

mines a r4i sdhc the normal r4i sdhc not the v1.4 whci obiously works

16. vahkiti

vahkiti Active Member

Re: M&L Bowser\'s Inside Story Getting Annoying With the NOT WORKING

Also, quote from GBATemp:

"...Actually, it's not that simple. The R4YSauto instructions assume a real R4 or a close clone. The cards from R4i-SDHC.com are actually DSTT clones.

That said... it looks like it one can get YSmenu to work on an R4i-SDHC, but not necessarily in an easy-to-use fashion...."

"...To summarize... YSMenu will currently run, but you have to launch it from TTMENU which has to be launched from the R4i-SDHC menu. At a minimum, I suspect we would either need an upate from Yasu to recognize the R4i-SDHC DLDI driver or to hack the R4i loader to replace its DLDI driver with the TTDS one...."

Wut?

Another one:

"...First, we need to set up YSMenu as normal. DO NOT patch it with the R4 DLDI driver! Instead, we want to leave the DSTT DLDI driver that it is already patched with and, instead, apply a patch to disable autopatching. (A suitable utility can be found on the DLDI wiki.) This is because the DLDI driver automatically patched by the R4i-SDHC (DEMON IO library) is not recognized by YSMenu, so it does not know what loader to use.

At this point, we can manually run YSMenu from the R4 menu. Now, normally, we would consider copying \YSMenu.nds to \R4.dat and booting directly into YSMenu. This won't work, however, as the firmware on the card seems to expect to see something in the R4.dat file and won't boot otherwise (displays an icon reading "MENU?"). Similarly, it doesn't appear that we can just copy YSmenu.nds to some other file and override the "Game" menu...."

???
    Post Merge: [time]1255201061[/time]
    Is it even POSSIBLE to run YSMenu on an R4i RTS? ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.