1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Luminous Ark 3 problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by englishteacher, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

In Chapter 22 Night Events, after I talked to other character, the main characters goes out of the room but after that my DS screen stays black.

Is it an AP check? Are there any way to fix this? I'm using R4 v 1.18.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup your files, format your microSD, and reinstall your firmware.
    Use Ysmenu instead of 1.18

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.0

3. englishteacher

I tried again in my DSTT v1.17a12, still get black screen. The game won't advance to Chapter 23. It seems the ROM problem instead of a firmware problem. Most likely AP.

4. TirithRR

Freezing issues are commonly caused by slow MicroSDs.

Chapter 23 (while I haven't played the game myself) sounds like it's relatively far into the game (assuming chapter 1 starts). It would be odd for an anti-piracy method to appear so late, but none earlier. Try backing up your MicroSD and formatting first.

5. englishteacher

Already tried reformatting my MicroSD, still get black screen though. It seems this is really an AP because every method that I used to make the game advances from Chapter 22 to Chapter 23 ends in a black screen.

I will try playing again from the beginning to make sure this is an AP.

6. TirithRR

Try loading the ROM and SAV into an emulator like No$GBA 2.6a with NO$Zoomer and see if it will move past the freeze point.

7. englishteacher

Tried playing in No$GBA, the game can past the freeze point. So it seems this is really an AP.

I hope someone can fix this when the English version come out, if there is one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.