1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking to buy a new PSP...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mickey, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickey

mickey Member

First of all, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Now I'm looking to buy a new PSP, either a 1000 or a 2000. Now i get all my info from a friend of mine and he says that the 1000 and 2000 are the easiest to mod but the 1000 is safer for some reason ( it's hard to get a straight answer from him :-\ )

Now personally i like the 2000 more because of its looks but if for some reason it can't be modded for w/e than I'll buy the 1000.

So yeah, can you explain to me how the 1000 is "safer" and if the 2000 will have any problems during modding?
    Thanks to anyone who can help in advance. ;)

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

the 1000 is safer because it can be easily unbricked and is VERY easy to hack!!

the 2000 isn't as safe because the later versions of the 2000 are not permanently hackable. if you do get a 2000 try to get a 2001 with a lower firmware than 5.03 i believe. if you get anything beyond the ta 0088v3 board, then you wont have the ability to hack it. that is why a 1000 is preferred!

if you brick a 2000, sometimes it will be dead for good, though i never have bricked my 2001.

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

If your buying it locally,I suppose you could load up pspident onto a pro duo stick and run it to find out what MB is innit.There are a few 2003's hacked getting sold on eBay-you can send it back if they are sold as not described LOL..The PSP1000's are too big and bulky

4. mickey

mickey Member

Ughh.... that's what i was afraid of...
    I really wanted that 2000 but from what I'm hearing, it's just too risky.

I second that man.

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

You can ask a seller what the code is behind the battery.I seen a guide that says anything 8B or below doesnt have the naff motherboard innit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.