1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking to buy a flash cart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, May 26, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I tried ordering an original r4 from a website, and their credit card system doesn't seem to be working, I tried processing the order twice and it just won't go through. I'm looking for another website with a similar offer.

I was ordering:

Original r4 (comes with a reader)
    2gb sanDisk

All of thia was going to come to 35.99 CAD after tax and shipping.

Is there anywhere else that I can get a flash card, plus a reader, plus a 2gb SD for $40 CAD AFTER taxes and shipping? Really tight on cash.

2. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

Ok do not get a R4 like not that many games work on it and no one updates thier firmware no more I suggest getting an Acekard

3. archlvt

That's fine, either way...where can I get one? Preferably in canada to keep the shipping low.

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Although http://shoptemp.com/ isn't in Canada, they have free worldwide shipping and are reliable (and much cheaper than the place you tried to order from). If your budget is low, you can get an original R4 from there (very cheap), and it does have updated firmware called Wood R4 that makes it as good as any other card in terms of rom compatibility, but lacks some features. But if you're willing to spend a bit more, I'd definitely recommend an Acekard 2i. It has good compatibility and a few cool features.

5. archlvt

I've already got wood 1.07 downloaded and in a folder waiting to transfer :p

But yeah, money is of the essence here. I have to get a new buttonup shirt for interviews which runs me around 60 bucks, and whatever is leftover from 100 is what I can spend here :p

You say an r4 a read and and a 2gb for $40 was EXPENSIVE? Seemed like a steal to me, it was mygamingmart.com. I'll check out the site you posted. Free shipping is full of win, no matter where you come from lol.
    Post Merge: [time]1274915011[/time]
    Okay I had NO idea these things were so inexpensive... If Ace is better, I'll get that. Is it compatible with microSDs higher than 2gb? Cause it seems like I've got enough money for a bigger sd. I know the original r4 only worked with 1 and 2gbs.

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I would suggest getting an Acekard 2i. Get a package with a MicroSD. It is compatible all the way through 16gb.

7. archlvt

Do I want the 2i or the 2.1? I have a ds lite, it seems meaningless to get the 2i (and no, I won't ever, ever buy a dsi, I'm very much against them).

Just wanna make sure I'm getting everything right.

8. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

i would recommend getting a cyclods

9. LuckyTrouble77

It doesn't really matter that much really.

10. archlvt

Scratch that last post, the 2.1 isn't available right now, gotta get the 2i, no problem.

So just to make sure I'm not making any mistakes, I'm getting:

- Acekard 2i Card for Nintendo DS, DS Lite & DSi
    (MicroSD Card: Kingston 4GB MicroSDHC, Service: None)

and

- All-in-one Multi-Format Card Reader

Right?

11. LuckyTrouble77

Sounds good to me. That should be everything you need.

12. archlvt

The "free shipping" says (no packaging) what on earth does that mean?

13. LuckyTrouble77

Ummm...no idea. Maybe it means that everything comes loose in a smaller envelope?

14. archlvt

Okay...is there anywhere else? I'm not willing to wait 5 weeks for this, nor pay $15 to make it come quicker.

15. LuckyTrouble77

To be fair, even with the extra $15, it comes well with in your expected price range. There is a list of shops to buy flash carts further down, but most don't offer a package deal, so shipping will be about the same.

16. archlvt

It's still too much. $40 is where the gate falls down. Even if I were to move back down to the 2gb, it would still be too much. Also remember, I'm in Canada, more expensive for me.

I'm also not willing to get into paypal for this. I wanted to pay with straight up credit, but it won't let me, it has to be done through paypal.

17. LuckyTrouble77

Well, I don't know what to tell you. You can get an original R4 on ShopTemp with a 2gb for well under $40 if you're still willing to do that.

18. archlvt

I'm not willing to sign up for paypal. shoptemp is out of the question.

19. LuckyTrouble77

Why don't you just sign up for Paypal and put your card on it? It is nothing but a payment service. You can get rid of it after receiving your products if you really don't it any longer.

20. game4nds

game4nds Active Member