1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking into buying a (new) tablet. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomoka, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Been a while since I've posted here... So hello!

I've decided I'm purchasing a Tablet, but am a bit indecisive on which ones specifically I should pick from/go for. I've got a few to list that have caught my eye, but was wondering how others may feel about each tablet and/or maybe have a better idea.

1. ASUS TF300T Transformer Pad 10.1"

2. ASUS TF700T Transformer Pad infinity

3. Google Nexus 10

Been debating between these specific ones. Looking at the TF300T as the most likely as of the moment.
    Big things to note: Looking for a 10"+ Screen, 1.20GHz+ CPU, Non-integrated graphics preferred, 1280x800 minimum Resolution.

This would be used for the most part for music playback, video playback, that sort of thing, maybe other random stuff I can't think of as of the moment. Would anyone recommend these? If not, do you have one you would recommend? Are there any reasons for me to not get these specifically?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nexus has more ram and a higher screen resolution, however the infinity has more storage space and a faster processor with more cores. (nexus is dual code, both asus ones are quad core) Infinity also has a higher resolution camera.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

As per this information, the higher screen resolution compared to the Infinity would deem pretty much useless, 1920x1080 is pretty nice for the screen size anyways, if not overkill. The faster processor would be nice. Would the more ram in the Nexus make much of a noticeable difference?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't like to say, I'm not familiar with tablets. Most likely it depends on what you're actually doing with it.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure if it would be plausible to do so with a Tablet, but if it is, I wouldn't mind for it to be able to playback H.264 10-Bit Video. Music playback, maybe accessing my computer with TeamViewer or something, that sorta stuff.