1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for some good Wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by insanecrazy07, Jul 1, 2009.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I know I made a topic about this before back when I was buying a Wii, but now that significant time has passed, I want to know what are the best Wii games of each basic genre.

RPG
    Action Adventure
    Fighting
    Racing
    Sports
    etc.

Twilight Princess is a given. Brawl is a given. Mariokart Wii is a given. Resident Evil 4 is a given. Most of the stuff I've looked up is very Nintendo-y, which I guess is fine if that's all that they have.

Might as well list the best WiiWare and VC (injected or noninjected) as well.

2. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

LOL. There are 5 good wii games ever made.

MadWorld
    MarioKart
    Wii Sports
    Brawl
    The Conduit

Rest suck suckidy sux. Wii sucks. Play thoose 5 ,then sell it. Get a ps360.

I hope I helped ^^

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

trauma center is a good game to play

i've just got wii fit and thats good fun too, and the yoga and workouts are good too

4. insanecrazy07

Doctor! My sister has cancer...ZOMBIE CANCER!

I would get Wii Fit if I could download the board too...
    I've been mostly playing injected VCs like Master Quest, and regular ones like Gunstar Heroes, Super Mario RPG, SF II Turbo, MARIOKART 64!!! I'm on a quest to find the VC injected Goldeneye 007...

I'm interested to see what this new FFIV DLC stuff is.

I've noticed that Mariokart Wii has been sold out in my area since its release. I'm interested to see what Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is like with the Wiimote.

@asd...
    I have a PS3 and there's not that many great games for that either...otherwise I'd have a larger selection, and I wouldn't be asking about the Wii at all since I'd be glued to my PS3.

Now that I can play backed up games, you can also list any gamecube games that are worth a mention. Single disc boot games would be nice, since multidisc games are another few days of reading non-native english speaking tutorials...

What's better RE4 for the cube or the Wii?

5. roxas_z

roxas_z Active Member

there is
    YU GI OH 5D
    its great card racing game
    iam sure you will like it ..
    and there is
    DRAGON QUEST
    you can swing your sword in an rpg game into the enemy's to kill them
    its so fun..

6. Betsie

Betsie Member

how do you 'inject' a game ???

7. insanecrazy07

It requires a lot of work. For example, for the N64, they take Sin and Punishment, clear out the data, and put in another game in it's place. The idea is to trick the Wii into thinking it's Sin and Punishment having all of the things detect (I don't know much about this) but when you boot up the game, it's whatever you injected.

It's kind of like the really old Hot Shots Golf 2 trick with the PSP.

8. ultra

ultra Guest

did you check "lit" and "neves" for wii ware?

wii won't be having anything good not until later on in the year or by early next year.

nintendo had some problems and had to change directions.

wii sports resort is being release by the end of july and that will be a must have game for all wii owners. i know because i want one.

did you check that resident evil chronicles game, since the sequal is coming out. what about punch out?

i like elevator action and gradius 3. i prefer the genesis version of street fighter 2 over the snes.

9. insanecrazy07

Lit. Hmm... 3D, not bubbly, dark, challenging, and item usage and boss fights. Sweet. I'll have to get that one.

I'm not into the puzzle genre really...

Wii Sports Resort is the one that comes with the Wii Motion Plus?

I'm not a big fan of on rails shooters, but I'll give RE a shot.
    I can't get punch out...unless you provide a link for downloading a balance board. lol

What's different about the genesis version of SF II Turbo?

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

No More Heroes. It's probably the best game on Wii when it comes to action and humor.

11. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

well i burn my wii games... so i can help you... well if you can import games get taskinou vs capcom. if not just wait for it to be realsed state side.,.

12. ultra

ultra Guest

there is a difference in the genesis [street fighter 2 championship edition] and snes [street fighter 2 turbo] version.

one difference is the speed. the genesis has the super speed version.

another difference is that in the snes version, it was all the same game regardless if you played the turbo mode or arcade mode. what this means is that if you played in both modes, you'll still have chunli shooting fireballs and the other modifications that were placed in the game. in the genesis version, you had two different street fighter games. if you played the arcade campaign, it was basically street fighter 2 with the 4 end bosses to chose from. but if you played the turbo campaign in the genesis version, you end up playing a modified version of street fighter 2. i could be wrong on this one, but that is what i remember from playing the game a long time ago. i bought both versions on the virtual console and play the genesis version more then the snes version.

the other difference of course is the visual. the snes had better colors and was more detailed and so and so as compared to the genesis version.

lastly, i'm not sure if the modifications done on the snes and genesis versions are different or similar. i often found that the modifications on the snes version felt awkward.

did you try geometry wars? you don't need a balance board for punch out wii.
    i also didn't like or wasn't very fond of that resident evil chronicles game either. i was very dissappointed when they were going this route.

did you check out toki tori on wii ware?
    one game i wished they could release on the virtual console is demolition man for the genesis. but i know it won't happen because of license issues. what made the game great was the fast and frantic gameplay.

13. insanecrazy07

I'll have to get the genesis version as well then.

I just checked out Geometry Wars. WiiWare is always welcome because it doesn't require a whole day of downloading at 600 KB/s.

I read on a review that you use the Wiimote, Nunchuk and balance board for Punch Out.
    I can tell that you really like the puzzle genre. The most puzzle oriented I get is from Zelda games, and especially for Twilight Princess. I'm using a guide. It shouldn't take me 7 hours just to get to Death Mountain.

You can always try and find an injected wad of demolition man.

14. _Shion

_Shion Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth man, there aren't many good Wii games out at the moment...

Just a whole bunch of useless, annoying kiddy shit.

The only games worth playing are:

SSBB
    Metrid Prime Corruption
    Mario Kart
    Madworld
    Conduit
    Tenchu Shadow Assassins
    Red Steel 2
    No More Heroes
    Okami
    Zelda

15. insanecrazy07

Man...I got an 002 error on the Conduit...

EDIT: I fixed the 002 error, and I got it to work.
    I also got Need For Speed Undercover working as well.

16. _Shion

_Shion Well-Known Member

How do you like the Conduit?

s

17. insanecrazy07

The Conduit is great.
    It's exactly what I've been looking for.
    It's too bad I had never heard of it before asking you guys.

18. MLWW

MLWW Member

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
    Mario Kart Wii.
    SSBB.
    Super Mario Galaxy.
    No More Heroes.
    Super Paper Mario.
    Animal Crossing *inserts different names here*
    Madworld.
    Zelda: Twilight Princess.
    The Conduit.

19. insanecrazy07

OK thanks guys. I've gotten most of the ones that you recommended.
    Here's the ones that I have right now.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    The Conduit
    Ghostbusters The Videogame
    Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Mariokart Wii
    Mario Party 8
    Mario Power Tennis
    Need for Speed Undercover
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion

I noticed that most games get a rating of 5.5 or 8-9, nothing else.