1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for Site Helpers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

RomUlation is big, there's a lot of things that needs to be done, moderated and approved. And right now us admins don't have time to do it all on top of all our other duties. Therefore we're now looking for people to help us maintain the site.

For now the only task we need help with is maintaining and updating the release list. The goal is to have as many releases as possible there with at least one month into the future listed. In the future options may increase to include things such as approving screenshots or moderating game comments, but if this happens it will be voluntarily as well.

So if you have some free time at least every other day and want to help RomUlation please do apply for Site Maintainer by replying below.

Please do note! Weight will be put on forum activity, we're potentially putting you in a situation where you'll be able to do some damage to our reputation, therefore we're not going to accept people who we don't know at all, so if you've never posted here then post some before applying. Also, serious applicants only, don't apply unless you really do have time at least 3 times a week to update with new games or games that has been postponed.

2. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

id help i usually ave free time each day seeing as i work for my dad =)

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

how can i help?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You still need to give me access to do these things :p

5. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Reporting for duty sir!

Hey didn't i tell you that you were going to need more help to update the release list? Woohoo!

6. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

I would like to help what can I do ? I'm online every day...

7. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i suppose this wouldn't take much effort to do with say a source such as http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/releases.html

anyone with the time could do it i guess

8. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

I am willing to help out.

9. piggyman

piggyman Well-Known Member

I am willing to help. I am very active and now I understand everything about things like DSLazy etc.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@piggyman: Well you also did made some spammy posts, remember your simple "lol" reply to a thread outside Forun Games & Jokes?

11. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Be sure to let me know exactly what to do and I can help no prob!

I'm currently.... unavailable to the computer but when I am able to get on it daily again I would love to help!

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Knowing things about DSLazy etc isn't really relevant for this role, you just need the time and dedication to research games coming out and their release dates, and to update our system with that information. It's more a question of if you have the time and the dedication, not if you have the knowledge.

13. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

well im willing and have time!

14. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

i want the job i have no life so i have lots of time and i keep my self updated with upcoming games on second thought im going to be having a busy life in the next few weeks

15. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Hmm.. not enough time for that, I'd love to help on the forums though.

16. piggyman

piggyman Well-Known Member

Ok, I am very sorry about the spam things. Won't happen again.
    And also sorry that I didn't read the first post good.

17. drew44

drew44 Well-Known Member

i can help im hardly ever busy

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Thank you, we will now talk together and select a few to help us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.