1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for PS1 emulator for my softmodded PS2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jiminy Crickets, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I am looking for a PS1 emulator to play PS1 games on my soft modded PS2.

My PS2 is soft modded with MCBoot installed on my Memor32 memory card.

I am looking for maybe an .elf PS1 emulator that will play my backed up PS1 games.

I thought that I seen one on the net one time but for the life of me I can't seem to track it down now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just burn them.

3. Jiminy Crickets

If I burn it, do I have to still patch it?

I would rather not burn it though. It would be cooler if I could just use HDLoader or boot a .elf file.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..."cool" doesn't mean "practicle".

I'm not experienced in this area, since I only use a laptop to play ps2 games/ps1 games, but it would be a safer area to burn...

Besides-you are aware how big even a ps1 game is, well the good ones (mostly) and ,well I don't see how one game other than the smallest would fit, unless your Memory 32 card means 32 gig or something...

Gran Turismo disc are well over 300mb in size, and compressing them might make them diffucult to play...

Just saying from my point of view-if someone proves me wrong I might try this XD

5. Jiminy Crickets

No I meant I would like to be able to boot the games from my 80 Gig hard drive that I have inside of my PS2. I already have a bunch of PS2 games on the PS2 drive but was wondering if there was a way to put PS1 games on the drive and play those with HDLoader like I do my PS2 games.

I was wondering if If this was not possible, was there a .elf ps1 emulator for the PS2 to play PS1 games from my hard drive like I do my PS2 games.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a PSX emulator does not exist for PS2, because it can natively play PSX games.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

80gb hard drive INSIDE a ps2?

...do you mean a PS3?

if so THAT would make sence (although at one point certain models can play ps2 and ps1 games, but to make it cheaper they took that out, and many noobs have no clue that they sold a peectly good ps2 for a ps3 that only does ps3...sad) but you already knew this part right?

8. Loonylion

No, some PS2 models could be fitted with internal hard disks.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...okay, never knew that...

Lesson learnt-don't use common sence on a topic your not the expert on.

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

just done some reading and you can't load ps1 games off of your ps2hdd
    but you may be able to do it by having a ps1 boot loader thing on the hdd and burn the games then use the swap method

11. Jiminy Crickets

Thanks I will look into it.

My mane thing was to not have to burn the games though.

Maybe I will just get a PS1 emulator for my PC and run the video out to my large flat screen TV instead.

Any one know what the best PS1 emulator is for the PS1?

12. Loonylion

13. Jiminy Crickets

Thanks LoonyLion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.