1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for help changing info on .WAD & .ISO

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ssg_K, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ssg_K

ssg_K Member

hello,

Call it OCD or just a need to organize things in a little more professional display but I am at a loss as to how to do this.

Situation/Problem:
    I have a good amount (by my standards anyways) of roms for the Wii in either .ISO or .WAD format. When I map my roms directory in Dolphin, I am now greeted with every startup a listing of the roms I have in my inventory, great well kind of... I have some roms with banners, some without descriptions (or dorked up descriptions), and some with irregular titles that may or may not even be the correct name of the game itself. I simply want all my roms to have a sense of order when I see them instead of something like "Zelda, brought to you by the super ninja space pirates vanishing squirrel team X(&@#$SDF ALL HAIL CUPCAKES!" (bad example, but I hope you understand what I am getting at)

Questions:
    How do I modify the data files (.ISO/.WAD) to where there is some organization? How can I modify the title listed per game, add banners or remove all the banners entirely, and modify the notes per each rom?

2. ssg_K

ssg_K Member

bump to keep this alive, hoping someone will know the answer

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry I missed this.

As for your question, there is no way to modify the ISO or WAD (never even heard of WAD, sure it's not WBFS?) details.
    There may be someway however, to use a setting on Dolphin to organise the releases.

I know there is something like that in Wii Backup Manager...
    I'll look at Dolphin tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

WiiWare games.

5. ssg_K

ssg_K Member

Indeed, .WAD is the file format association used with Wii Ware games/titles. I guess it would not bother me so much to have them all dress right dress, organized, or at least with some form of standardization except that out of nearly 50 varying roms (GC, Wii, and Wii Ware) barely any of them have any sort of matching details which include the banner (present or not), the titles of the games themselves, notes, and even the 1-5 star ratings I cannot seem to edit much less even remove from the Emulator (was hoping that much like windows I may be able to change the view regarding such information) interface. I searched the dolphin forums, but they are a little testy about the piracy issues/concerns, they have a one-time perma-ban policy in place which some non-rule reading kid got himself the boot with. Understanding as I am about their stance, there was no answers to be found with them unfortunately.