1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for easy RPG games like Atelier Annie

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by teruterubozu9, Dec 16, 2010.

1. teruterubozu9

teruterubozu9 Member

Hello everyone..

I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series,for something new I have tried Atelier Annie Alchemist of Sera Island and I really enjoy it. It's quite easy for me to understand the turn based battles system and it got sim elements which I like so much.
    Now can you guys suggest me other games like Atelier Annie? I prefer something easy,with adventures,easy battle system and with bits of sim elements (if any).I have tried The Worlds End with You,Shin Megami Tensei and Kingdom Hearts, too hard and I didn't like them all.

Sorry if I sound too fussy I just looking for some easy RPG games. Since most of the forumers here are big RPG fan maybe you guys can help me out with the titles? Thank you!

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Wizard of Oz - Beyond the Yellow Brick Road.

3. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Easy battle system/adventure is easy, but sim is kinda rare in RPGs. If you have a PSP/PS2 you can try Persona 3. It's got an easy difficulty setting, a pretty simplistic battle, and high school-social life sims. Mana Khemia too, is available on both. It's made by NIS, the same guys who made the Atelier series. It's got the same battle style, but with a alchemy-high-school sim instead.

As for the DS...Pokemon?

The Final Fantasy 3/4 doesn't have a sim, but it's simple turn-based. Final Fantasy Tactics's one of my fav. It's slightly more complicated with a class system and all, but it offers quite a lot of freedom - completing sidequests, brushing up your clan to be rich and powerful etc.

Uh...pretty much most old-school kind of RPG, I guess. Sim elements though, tough luck. Not that many games combine sim-rpg unfortunately.

4. Stanley Richards

Tactics is one crazily hard game if you're not so hardcore.

5. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Oh. UHHHHH...To each his own, I guess. I thought it was okay myself. ;\
    Hated the DS storyline like nuts though.

6. Stanley Richards

"Tactics" was a dead giveaway.

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

golden sun dark dawn is pretty easy

8. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

So is Suikoden Tierkreis. You don't get to use healing spells at all and spam auto battle all day except for the final dungeon and that's it!

You get to upgrade your castle, explore enchanting places and recruit more than 100+ members. Some of them have quests and perform certain jobs in your castle. Above all, it got lots of mystery and adventure, epic invasion battles, and great story that comes with it!... one of the best and easiest game on the DS. -darky000 certified. :p

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I found that to be quite hard, actually. Though I DO have a tendency to end up underleveled in RPGs, so I end up making them harder than they really are..... D:

10. teruterubozu9

teruterubozu9 Member

yeah with NDS my choice of RPG games kinda limited. after some googling last night I found Atelier Rorona and Eternal Sonata for my PS3 and other Atelier titles for PS2. may not be as easy as I wanted it to be but the reviews especially Eternal Sonata seems promising. usually I use my Sony systems only for survivor horror games while my Nintendo ds is for Harvest Moon and such. Anyway guys thanks for all the suggestions and for Suikoden Tierkreis I want to give it a try.

11. kyogreblue

kyogreblue Well-Known Member

Luminous Arc
    Golden Sun Dark Dawn
    Children of Mana
    Suikoden Tierkreis
    Dragon Quest ds series
    Final Fantasy series
    Pokemon

12. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

108 Characters To Be Exact :D

13. khoaNGx

khoaNGx Member

Don't forget to mention Suikoden Tierkreis' awful, ear-piercing voice acting.

14. Stanley Richards

You'll get used to it, especially the main character's voice.

15. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Yeah some voices were ok, but the main guy's was the most annoying. It will pass after like 5 cutscenes