1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for: Cave Story DS port by ravenworks

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Strife89, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Strife89

Strife89 Member

Some time ago (roughly a year and a half, I think), a fellow known as ravenworks was working on a port of the famous Cave Story to the Nintendo DS. Once the WiiWare port was announced, he stopped working on it, though ravenworks claimed he had a near-complete port in the "alpha" stage (if I recall correctly). ravenworks had already released a demo or two; those can be easily found with a little googling.

What I'm wondering is: did this "alpha" get leaked at all? If so, does someone here have a copy? Is there any chance of playing Cave Story on the DS?

2. ybom

ybom Well-Known Member

I would like it too. I think it should have been a DS title instead anyways.

3. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

4. Strife89

Strife89 Member

@ cuccio123: Yes, that. :)

The original game can be found at www.cavestory.org

@ ybom: An official DS port would be nice, as long as it isn't DSi only. Still, it sucks to see all of ravenworks' work go to waste. :(

5. ybom

ybom Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I remember something about a CnD given to some homebrew project when I was immersed. Must be it. I never actually finished the game, but I probably would put it on my to do list. I did however download the fan music project and put it on repeat (skipping the first buzzing song) - listened to it for a good 2 months at work.