1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for a PSX emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by HarleyThomas1002, Jul 23, 2010.

1. HarleyThomas1002

HarleyThomas1002 New Member

I have the Epsxe emulator, but it's far too complicated than it probably needs to be (I could be wrong as I originally only used a GBA and WonderSwan emulator).

Finding games for it is next to impossible as it only plays ISO and Bin formatted filed while the Digimon World 2 rom I downloaded from here is rar. format and as far as I know I can't convert it.

So, is there an easier emulator or at least one that doesn't require me to download an additional two-three files in order to even consider using?

2. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Extract the rar file with winrar....

EPSXE isn't tough at all, quite simple really, if not PSX is the other one you can use.

3. HarleyThomas1002

All right. I got Winrar and it works now.

Thanks.

I feel rather stupid.

4. jeff136

jeff136 Active Member

Try using psxFin,it's easy to use and is user-friendly.You have to extract the rar files first using an application called WinRar.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

PSX does not have anywhere near the compatibility of ePSXe

6. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Indeed, which is why I much prefer EPSXE, both have their uses though.

7. HarleyThomas1002

After getting everything to work (IE downloading some plugins) everything went rather well until I closed the emulator and re-opening it results in a black screen that isn't part of start-up.

I've been in contact with someone else about it and he said to fix the black screen problem I have to use the MDS format file, but the ISO I got from here only has IMG and CCD.

CCD being what I used until I close and re-opened the emulato giving me nothing but a black screen.

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which plugins did you use?

9. jeff136

jeff136 Active Member

Uhhh.. yeah, that's the downside of PSX. Well, if you can configure EPSXE correctly then you'll be play it smoothly.

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

It maybe the CDrom plugins that cause that.

And if the ISO you downloaded from here have more than one files with different extension such as .ccd .cue .bin , etc and of them isn't working, try to use the different extensions for that game.

11. nkl

nkl Member

please put best psx emulator

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

What ?
    You want a list of PSX emulator or something ?

If so, I suggest you try ePSXe 1.7.0

13. artdevil

artdevil New Member

I've already download ePSXe 1.7.0 . . But when i click at it . . it said "This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
    can someone please help me ...?

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Download zlib1.dll from here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?zlib1

put it in your epsxe folder.