1. This forum is in read-only mode.

looking for a NDS game that fits what i want....

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Tomoka, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hello all, i've played many NDS games, and am getting quite bored... so based on what i like, could people please give me some recommendations?

no shooters
    like RPG's
    must be in english
    prefer a long story line
    some strategy games are okay, but i don't like most.
    played all final fantasy, dragon quest, Mario, and racing games. i've also played many good titles like - rayman DS, phantasy star 0, and a few others.

if anyone has/knows any games i might like, please reply, and actually, reply even if you don't! lol....

2. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

That's kind of obscure. See, I could go ahead and recommend Sands of Destruction, Suikoden Tierkreis, or Chrono Trigger, but you could easily say that you've already played those, and our time would have been wasted. Another issue is that of action. Do you like Action-RPGs like The World Ends With You and the newly translated Tales of Innocence, hybrids like Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, or strictly traditional RPGs?

I'd say Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. It's a turn based RPG similar to the Etrian Odyssey series.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

yea...i guess i shoulda gave more info.... i'm currently playing ToI, will try world ends with you (thanks) i didn't really like Mario and Luigi:BIS beat all the shin megami games....not really sure what sand of destruction is...(more info on it please) and the rest i've played.....

4. kammithecamel

I don't know much about Sands of Destruction myself, but it's a pretty traditional JRPG, random encounters included. Strategy game-wise, have you tried Luminous Arc 1/2, Disgaea, or Valkyrie Profile?

Another good RPG that I just remembered is Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

those are considered strategy games?!?!?!?! OMG i never knew that! loved all of'em! and that super robot thing...whats it about?

6. kammithecamel

Super Robot Taisen is the definition of a guy's game. It has guns, robots, and really big boobs. I didn't finish (I'm not that good at staying with turn based games), so I can't give you much of the story, but I can provide a video demonstration of it's over-the-top awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YidOCPaw6JQ&feature=channel

On second thought, you need to time your attacks kind of like Mario and Luigi, so you might not be crazy about it.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

looks hard as hell....just saw a 255 hit vid, and didn't even kill the enemy.... :'(

8. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It's not that hard, and it's awesome. Also, Xiaomu <3

9. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume ;D RPG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjIYpzQIdo

Lock's Quest ;D Strategy Game quite similar to Wow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF-pwE-Dyi4

10. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

if u like Rpg you can play Dragon quest !V and V or wait for this sunday for Dragon quest XI
    Final fantasy III and IV and Shin megami tensei

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i'm really waiting for DQ 9, hope it gets dumped same day... ::) getting my EX flash expansion tomorrow, so no more need for ideas....

12. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

It's not a DS game but since you liked Valkyrie Profile and Luminous Arc, I strongly suggest you play Fire Emblem for the GBA. You can even emulate it with your DS =P Fire Emblem(I think it's usualy called FE6 or FE the blazing sword) and Fire Emblem The Sacred Stone are really really good. Great gameplay, awesome story and incredible character development. There's one Fire Emblem for the DS but it pales in comparison to those 2 xD so check 'em out.

13. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Chrono Trigger?

14. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

draglade

15. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

isn't it in a language other than english.....................................................

16. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

its in english and japanese number 2 is in japanese only

17. mideng

mideng Member

I'm finding games too D:<
    I'm a person who likes Adventure games. Such as Kingdom Hearts,GTA Chinatown wars and other games.
    I like fighting games too. Anyone know good games :D?

18. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

don't hijack someone's topic, create your own....that's extremely disrespectful..............

19. Solidifier-Snake

Solidifier-Snake Well-Known Member

you MUST try custom robo arena

20. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i did, but i got quite a bit far, and accidentally deleted my .sav...... :'(