1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Looking for a few competitive pokemon battlers.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by insanecrazy07, Mar 7, 2010.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some new people to battle against, but not just anyone. I'm looking for people who are well versed in the competitive scene, rules and regulations, and are online often.

Here are the rules that I play by:
    -OU metagame (singles preferably)
    -Tiers are taken directly from smogon
    -Any tier under OU may be used
    -No two pokemon shall be frozen, same goes for sleep.
    -No duplicate pokemon (Nidoran (m) and Nidoran (f) are allowed)
    -No one hit KOs (Fissure, Guillotine)
    -No accuracy inducing moves/items (Sand-attack, Flash, Brightpowder)
    -No luck-based items (Scope Lens)
    -Innate abilities are allowed (Sand Veil, Serene Grace)

The idea is that the battle should be determined by skill and strategy, not sheer luck.

Hacking rules:
    Pokesaving is allowed, however, these must be within the bounds of the game (no illegal egg moves, no wonderguard pokemon, etc.), AND every pokemon must be subjected to a legality checker, hex and checksum valid if applicable.
    Perfect IVs are technically allowed, but frowned upon. Near-perfect if you must. None of my pokemon are perfect or even all 30s.
    And for god's sake, don't have a shiny Ho-oh or something ridiculous...

Sportsmanship:
    If you are going to lose, then lose with dignity. Don't simply disconnect because you are beaten. I've had this happen quite a lot on PBR when I've cornered them, and then disconnect because they can't stand being beaten by an OU team.

I will mainly play on PBR from now on seeing as how the mechanics of the frozen/sleep rule are integrated in PBR.
    Look at my signature for the FCs. (Look for the platinum one for my NDS FC)

If you are new to the metagame and want to learn how to play like a pro, then feel free to join my ring.