1. This forum is in read-only mode.

lookin for games similar to time hollow

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Devilkid32176, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok, i have seen games up for about the same as time hollow, i have also played 999 i loved the game so now
    im hunting more games with that type of game story, love to hear comments

2. audit_08

audit_08 Well-Known Member

Hotel Dusk
    Last Window
    Trace Memory
    The Ace Attorney series

All of these are visual novels.

3. Devilkid32176

the ace attorney series i've played before, i like them but im going for more of time hollow's storyline

4. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

try "Again".

The MC can look from the past point of view and the present in one go looking for clues in solving the mystery revolving the 'eye of providence' serial killer. It can be compared to a "spot the difference" type of puzzle game... not much to expect. Anyway, the story is heavy-driven like those two you mentioned. If this game isn't what you want... I might as well try again some time.

5. Devilkid32176

hmm.. that sounds like my cup of tea there thanks darky :) you wouldn't happen to know where its hiding around here do you??

6. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Here ya go:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39659.msg729441#msg729441

Most review site gave Again an average score of 5.0. Yet again, Time Hollow got a similar score... so I hope you like the game as I did. :)

7. Devilkid32176

like i said, really sounds like my cup of tea

right now, im playing suikoden tiekreis, im hooked on it right now :p

8. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Crimson Room
    Hotel Dusk - Room 215
    Last Window - The Secret Of Cape West
    Theresia - Dear Emile
    Another Code - Two Memories
    Broken Sword - Shadow Of The Templars The Director's Cut
    Secret Files - Tunguska
    Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis
    So Blonde - Back To The Island
    Time Hollow
    Touch Detective
    Touch Detective 2 ½

9. Devilkid32176

thanks cool, but i have played Hotel Dusk - Room 215 & Last Window - The Secret Of Cape West and well, for some odd reason, i couldn't get the hang of the game >__<

10. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

If you don't mind doing puzzles Professor Layton could be considered a point-and-click adventure, with a pretty good story, lovely visuals, nice cutscenes and some good characters.

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk Hotel Dusk

12. Devilkid32176

@Singularity_UK: i've played the layton series and loved them ^__^, i played those right after i finished the ace attorney series :p

@Athemoe: ok? still i couldn't really grasp them game :(

13. CoolKill3r

to get it, you must enjoy the reading, get into the story feel the novel in you
    ... WTF?

14. teruterubozu9

teruterubozu9 Member

You might want to try murder mystery called Flower, Sun, and Rain. I haven't finished it because the puzzles are quite hard. and it reminds me of traditional point-click pc adventure games with constant backtracking and linear gameplay.very frustrating but if you don't mind the challenge I suggest you to try it :)

oh here's some more:
    Undercover: Dual Motives
    Jake Hunter series

I wouldn't recomend So Blonde unless you enjoy babysitting a blonde brat the whole game.just stick with Broken Sword.also don't forget Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle.all NDS version of pc adventure games

15. Devilkid32176

@coolkill3r:
    i know they are novel-based games, but still they weren't what i was looking for, since someone
    recommended those after the ace attorney series, but hell i could try to give them another shot,
    its been 6 ~ months since i tried to play them :)

@teruterubozu:
    ok, i haven't heard of it, umm is that the name of it?

nvm, i found the game you were talking about, im getting it now

16. CoolKill3r

If try alot of visual novels/puzzle games almost all, even alot of japanese one
    but Flower, Sun, and Rain ITS JUST BAD REALLY BAD!

Broken Sword was really great, a nice point and click escape game :D

17. Devilkid32176

ok, i need to ask, is the room series games in japanese?

18. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

Also, download ScummV (or however you spell it) to your DS to play games like Monkey Island and other classic PC point-and-clicks. I haven't tried it myself because I've already got enough DS visual novels but when I run out I will.

19. CoolKill3r

Room seria?
    Only crimson room is in japanese, but you dont even need to read it!
    all of the rest is english!

Owyea forgot about that. and it is ScumVM DS,
    you should give Sam nd Max: Hit the road, a try on it!
    on pc, try Grim Fandango, best point and click game efar!