1. This forum is in read-only mode.

LOL! People with Retail Heart Gold and Soul Silver ARE FREEZING TOO!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by totallydood, Mar 17, 2010.

1. totallydood

totallydood Guest

http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/message?board.id=gamehelp_ds&thread.id=6736 LMFAO

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

So far its only been 2 people, don't abbreviate words also........... wow Nintendo failed (kind of).

Calm down and don't cus, thats not cool.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Why?

I have played it for a long time now and it has NEVER frozen on me once.

It is only isolated cases too.

My HG and SS games don't freeze.

On my Acekards or the real games as well.

Saying things like that just makes you look bad anyways in my opinion.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I suspect they may have been fools of fake ds carts, I've been there.

Or a possible buggy port, I should get a copy just to test.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I think it just is buggy. My first Megaman Starforce Game freezed every 20 minutes, but when I bought a new one, it was fine.

My brothers buddy got the SoulSilver Retail cartridge, and when my bro borrowed it, I tested it.

PS: Off topic...
    He also has the PokeWalker. He brings it to school and whenever they run in elementary school, kids are allowed to bring pedometers, and this works as one. His Pokewalker freezes though... Whaazup with that?

6. Silvertie

Silvertie Well-Known Member

It might not be tooled to cope with the vibrations of running. It is a pokewalker, after all. I wouldn't know for sure, though; I don't have a pokewalker, nor do I run.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I think it's rather ironic...

This whole AP deal attempts to keep pirates at bay, but in the process, affects legitimate buyers.

8. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

People with the retail cart that are getting crashes likely just have a bad connection between the cart and the DS.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'd doubt it's the Anti-Piracy coding that is causing the problems with the retail carts. Instead it's likely another issue. That same user, Lady_Luigi said that her copy of Platinum would freeze if she "Hit it without noticing" and that that may be what is happening with her HG/SS game. Seems like she may be a little rough with her DS while playing, and maybe the cart is losing contact with the DS?

10. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

nah

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  11. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

lolChan

12. ChiefLikesCake

ChiefLikesCake New Member

I'm sure it's just their particular one thats screwing up. I vigorously shook my friend's to give him steps and it counted them, never froze.

13. WarioEmpire

WarioEmpire Active Member

I don't get the lol in this.. Just because you didn't buy the game and have problems with it doesn't mean you have to put people with retail copies on the same level as you, OP.

14. ryxixixi

ryxixixi Active Member

probably that's a fake ds cart. hahaha

15. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Dang that really sucks... But it has only been a few reports from people right?

16. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

You have all got to understand, like TirithRR and Rayder said, it will be most likely her DS to cart connection.
    I know my DS freezes whenever I hit it accidentally.

17. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

I don't care if it did happen to a few people, it's still

singsong: irony!!!! LOL

18. rell

rell Well-Known Member

what the hell does that mean??

19. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

rell: In order for the DS games to work, they need continuous contact with the metal parts in the DS. Those are the data buses that allow the DS to read and write to the DS card. (someone more technical correct me if I'm wrong) If even _one_ of those connections cuts out in the middle of gameplay, the whole system will seize up and crash. That's why it's important to keep your carts and game slots clean.

With games that take up a lot of data or read and write a lot (HGSS), that connection is even more important.