1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Logitech DUAL ACTION USB controller issues on MAC OSX

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chi11, Jun 18, 2010.

1. chi11

chi11 New Member

Hi guys, this is my first post and I would really appreciate some help.

I just downloaded Visual Boy Advance for my Mac (from this site -- http://vba.ngemu.com/downloads.shtml), the version I downloaded is 1.7 - I assume this is the most recent version. Anyway, I also have a USB controller (made by logitech - bleh!) and I want to use it with the emulator. In the past I have used this controller on my PC to play many GBA ROMS, it's good because its function is almost identical in shape to a playstation controller, comfortable, easy to use, and typically great for playing games like Megaman or Pokemon.

My problem is this, when setting the controller up for use in VisualBoyAdvance, I press all the buttons on the controller corresponding to the buttons that I want them to be - all buttons work fine (A, B, L, R, Start, Select, Speed, Capture) however the D-pad seems to have a range of possible directions (ex. when setting the direction Left, simply pressing the left directional arrow is only encompassing one of many possible directions for this). This makes playing impossible, as after setting the D-pad up, attempting to move is only possible if the D-pad is pressed on the exact direction that it was set to in the configuration menu.

This was never an issue when using the PC version of VisualBoyAdvance, as it would recognize the possibility of the controller having several inputs for each direction (like - left, left and up just a tiny bit, left and up just a tiny bit more, left and down a bit, left and down a tiny bit more, etc...). Does anyone have any advice on how I can solve this problem? Is there a different GBA emulator that is popular for Mac users? Am I not using the correct version of the program?

Thanks in advance,

Chi11