1. This forum is in read-only mode.

loading games to my dsi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nickoftime77, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickoftime77

nickoftime77 Active Member

i have been tring to download games for romulation to my dsi.i have done everything but my dsi say loading at the top and stays like that what i wrong please help anyone lol

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What flashcart are you using? R4, TTDS, Acekard?

3. nickoftime77

need help with loading ds game to my dsi

have been tring to download games for romulation to my dsi.i have done everything but my dsi say loading at the top and stays like that what i wrong please help anyone lol

Post Merge: [time]1255993257[/time]
    r4

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WHich r4?
    There is a few kinds...

(If it's an r4i type-prehaps your missing the firmware...)

5. nickoftime77

yes r4i thats it sorry new to this message board
    Post Merge: [time]1255993474[/time]
    i drag it to the sd card and it extract and i put it in the dsi and it says loading but stays like that
    Post Merge: [time]1255993711[/time]
    anyone

6. TirithRR

You need to put the firmware files on your card.

You can download them at the website on your box, or at www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

7. nickoftime77

can i just drag and drop that firmware file
    Post Merge: [time]1256005422[/time]
    hey also how can i tell what version software my dsi is running on

8. TirithRR

When you turn on your DSi (without the R4i card in) it should tell you on the screen what firmware you are running.

You need to extract the firmware files, take them out of any folders, and put them on the root of your MicroSD.

9. nickoftime77

now when you say root please im sorry explain

10. TirithRR

Root means in no folders. Like the "root" of a tree. The first thing you see when you open your MicroSD. Example F:\

11. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

Does r4i support SDHC?
    There is the SDHC problem with R4s, that loading problem is the same as the SDHC one.

12. nickoftime77

what is weird to me is when i thought i had the file on the sd card i put it in and on the screen in that slot for the game name it was danny phantom urban jungle thq and i never put a file named that in there and i dont even have to put the sdcard in the r4i chip to see it its still there
    Post Merge: [time]1256008137[/time]
    yes its say it supports it

13. TirithRR

The 1.4 DSi Firmware blocks flashcarts.

In order to get around this blocking, the Flashcart developers made a way to trick the DSi into thinking the Flashcart was a retail game. In this case, the R4i tricks it into thinking it's the Danny Phantom game. Some other flashcarts make it think it is a Star Wars game.

It's still the R4i card, and there is nothing you can do to stop it from saying that. You still need the firmware files on the MicroSD card to run it though.

14. nickoftime77

i tryed that turn on the first screen thing and it doesnt say the firmware

15. TirithRR

Well, we already know your R4i card supports the 1.4 firmware because it already shows itself as Danny Phantom. Now you just need to put the firmware files on your MicroSD so that it will actually load.

16. nickoftime77

where can i get the firmware again

17. TirithRR

The box and/or paperwork that came with your card should have a website listed. It's best to download from there.

Otherwise you have to go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and download the files for your card. It has just about every card on there, so you have to select the files for your card.

18. nickoftime77

hey and thank you for the help i real ap it wish there were more people like you
    Post Merge: [time]1256008880[/time]
    now do i need to extract every file i put on the r4i card well sd card

19. TirithRR

Inside the R4i firmware file will likely be a couple folders and one or two files, like R4imenu.dat, etc.
    You need to put those folders and files on the MicroSD (not in any folder, just on the "root" of the card).

Any game you put on the MicroSD needs to be extracted, since it has to be the NDS file in order to play it.

20. nickoftime77

hey can you look at the site from the box and tell me witch ones i need god your good the site is www.r4ultra.com
    Post Merge: [time]1256009652[/time]
    what is kernel version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.