1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Loading a Dolphin game with Isos?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FormalMoogle, Jun 14, 2012.

1. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

I have recently acquired Dolphin 3.0 and also an ISO copy of Path of Radiance. It seems fine until I have extracted it and it gave me the same message everytime:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2771/porproblem.png

Is there a way to convert it into some other format or any other manageable method of correcting this?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you dont need to extract it... the ISO should be used as is.

3. FormalMoogle

It wont run with my Dolphin under any circumstances.

4. Loonylion

I suspect its a corrupt file since it wont extract.

5. FormalMoogle

Ah damn, I downloaded it from this site. Everytime that I load it up, it crashes.

I might as well see if other sites has it, and it took me hours to download this entire thing.

6. Loonylion

it probably got corrupted during download, just try redownloading it.

7. FormalMoogle

I downloaded it from another source and now I got a bunch of .rar files. I think that .rar files could still be used to start up the game but it's not working still.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2202/porproblem2.png

That one ISO file at the top shows up on the open file screen but it still doesn't work for Dolphin. I think that it has something to do with my configurations now or something.

8. Loonylion

rar files will need extracting. Even if the emulator is capable of running files from inside rar archives, it is better to extract them for performance reasons.

Configuration is generally quite important on emulators for newer systems, and the working/best settings tend to vary between games and host systems.

9. FormalMoogle

I don't know how, but I played around the settings a bit and it actually worked for me. Thanks for your help.

10. Ranko Hoshino

Ranko Hoshino New Member

Have you tried opening your emulator, then opening the iso from there?