1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Loaded Games on R4 card working one minute gone the next.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ltcook, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I have been loading games onto 3 of my R4 cards and 1 is an R4dsi. They play great but when i have turned off the dslite to change to a different game there is a red square that has a question mark and it wont load. When i check the SD card onto the computer there is nothing on the card. It looks like the card has crashed and erased everthing. This has happened 3 times on all cards. What could be the problem and How could i fix this as its getting a little annoying having to reload all games onto ds. Has this happened to anyone else.
    Thankyou

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Sounds very strange,

You could format your card in a diffrent usb port, and start you kernal again...

See how that will go for now

Be sure to do a full format, As for me nether come across anythink like this problem

3. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Just happened again on the R4i Card. I did a full format the last time it crashed. I am wondering if its the firmware im using. Im using the R4i V1.12b from R4card.com.au. But the funny thing is they gave me the same firmware to use for my normal R4cards. The Card is an R4i Upgrade Revolution for ds V1.4. Please if someone can help as this is driving me crazy. I have a ttds card which this has never happened to.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you can find the correct firmware for your card here http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

5. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Could formatting using FAT instead of FAT32 be causing the crashing? I just found out when i formatted this card that was what it was on.
    Post Merge: [time]1259706633[/time]
    Hi Funguy
    Just looked up list. Which one should i use as the one im using is there.There are so many so which one works the best?

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

yeah it's a mine field R4's, you will have to look for the card that you are using,

and yes format32

7. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Just looked at 2 of my cards and they are saying fat16. What is that. I thought you can only do Fat and Fat32? Would that cause them to crash?

8. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

i've never heard of fat16

9. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

me either. Could not being FAT32 cause the crashing?

10. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

i would format with fat32, see if that solves your issue

11. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I formated to FAT32 but now when i click on a game it says creating save file like before but it is really really slow at doing so.
    Post Merge: [time]1259718076[/time]
    I turned the ds of and then on again and it went from having 40games to 16. When i went to play the game it went from being slow creat game file to not even loading up.
    Not sure whats going on.

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your MicroSD may be failing.

13. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

only had it 1 week. Just started again and copied games but this time only let me put on 18. Formated again and can now put on 35. Really strange.

14. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bad MicroSD.

What brand and size is it?

15. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

i agree...i always use sandisk....never had a problem

16. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

It is a Kingston 2gig.

Post Merge: [time]1259744428[/time]
    Another problem has come up now. The sd card is working on other R4 cards but not on the one it came with. It has worked up until now. When i turn the ds on it comes up www.r4i-sdhc.com Loading but nothing happens. Now what could be the problem.

17. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Are those R4 cards all the same..?
    It will not work if it has a different firmware.

18. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

same R4 Upgrade Revolution for ds Cards from the same seller. Im just going to format again and reinstall firmware and games and see if that will work. It just seems weird how the sdcard works on other r4s and not this one.

19. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

it may be a card with a bad contact, try the paper trick on it,

insert a small piece of paper on the side of the card, to make it a tighter fit in the DS

20. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I redid the card and it works now. It took a bit of loading but we got there in the end. Now lets see if the games stay on the card and not crash and vanish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.