1. This forum is in read-only mode.

load rom errcode=-4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by heatfire26, Oct 9, 2010.

1. heatfire26

heatfire26 Well-Known Member

is there anyway to fix it? for Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and other games?

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

They is very little people on know how to do this - i do know retro are pong at the gbatemp who fix infolib.dat and extinfo.dat for ysmenu for R4 are ttds cards - do know but will not say on how they do it... , shame

But i do know for a fact that it's got somethink to do with arm9 and arm7 in a ROM - and the clue from them was can be found with a emulator debugger if done right - but nerhter could fighure it out

I opened a page at gbatemp but no dumb ass*s ever knows how to

http://gbatemp.net/t256729-help-for-working-out-just-infolib-dat-coding-4-ttds-ysmenu

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Jhon 591,

Editing extinfo.dat and infolib.dat in the TTMENU folder got nothing to do with patching it with Arm 7 or Arm 9. Its a different thing altogether. You got it all mixed up. Editing extinfo and infolib uses a program name TTDT.EXE, while Arm 7 or 9 uses a program name DSLazy and DS-X Manager.

I've already posted the method on how to edit extinfo and infolib several days ago. In fact I saw you posting 3 posts above my post in another topic forum page 1 and another post by you on page 2. Obviously you don't bother reading other people's posting unless its a respond to your questions. I'm not going to write down all the step again. You'll have to look up for the from the link below:

Here's the direct link to that posting: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=48127.0 its at the bottom of that page 1. Read it properly and always make back up before you mess around with your files.

The links to get the programs you need to mess around with those dat files is in page 2 of the same forum topic, the direct link: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=48127.25

Be careful when doing the editing on extinfo and infolib. Always choose SAVE when you want to keep the changes, don't press SAVE AS cause it will make your .DAT become ZERO KB or unreadable. Keep a duplicate at all time. And use CAPITAL only on the first 4 GAME ID while the 8 HEX Digit for the GAME ID uses small letters not capitals. Eg. B3RE 921e4df5. Got it? Cross fingers at all time when editting. Good Luck!

4. Jhon 591

Chears - prectorian

I will have a very long read at this!

I will just have to wait untill i buy anuther DSlite back befor i can go though with it!

Many thanks drwhojan - jhon

Mabe they could be away of braking it down abit for it to be easer to follow XD!

5. Prectorian

That error could be cause by several things:
    1. The game rom is in encrypted mode, so you need to decypt it using eNDcryptS.EXE
    2. You have not tick the RESET box in your touch screen after entering YSMENU/TTMENU under the name of the rom you plan to play
    3. You need to edit the extinfo and infolib for 2 reasons;
    a. the infolib and extinfo not yet contain the GAME ID to play the game you want to load
    b. the infolib and extinfo contain the same first 4 digit GAME ID but not the same 8 HEX digit behind the GAME ID.

** No. 3.b problem can be caused due to patching with xDelta patcher.

NOTE: When using TTDT.EXE, eNDcryptS.EXE, if you are using Windows Vista, Win7, or MAC, run it in ADMIN MODE!

Post Merge: [time]1286703887[/time]
    You can choose to follow Maxieaquadragon's 24 steps or my 18 steps. Its not difficult once you understand how. Just need to be extremely careful and stick with SAVE never press SAVE AS. If you know the GAME ID using R4CCE and confident your rom is in decypted mode, all you need to do is edit the extinfo and infolib using TTDT.EXE. Isn't too difficult so long you are also sure the GAME ID you got is from an encypted game cause if its from a decrypted one it won't run. Encrypted GAME ID = REAL GAME ID ;

6. Jhon 591

Chears, I do know everythink about them programs and TTDT

I ment the speedup and boot code is extracted from arm9 and arm7 files - with the code genrator and used for infolib.dat

I took the two ARM's from a game that works - and added them into a game that don't work - it still genrated the same hex for the game that works XD! -at the time - so the speedup and boot hex is in the both ARM's - mixed from arm9 and arm7

[​IMG]

Red is from Arm9 - and Green is from ARM7

Below that first workout is a code from Game and watch collection 1 - and below that from GAWC 2

I am drwhojan from the GBA temp!, Just got suspended :(

7. Prectorian

OooOh! Didn't know about you being ex-GBATemp member. Well anyway, I haven't a clue about HEX editing. Didn't major in computer programming though I read a bit about programming in my spare time. Good luck in whatever you are planning to do with it.

Frankly I'm curious about what program they (KazoWar) uses to extract the text file and then build it back into the pokemon rom. Saw on Youtube some people did it with HEX. After watching the tutorial in Youtube, I just get more confused. Though I understand each hexdecimal correspond to a certain ASCII symbol/alphabet/digit, etc. I just wish I know what program software they use to do the tricks.

I guess your level is way above most of us in Romulation, cause I know most GBATemp members are pro-rom modifiers. You must be in the same boat as Raqib12 who moved to Romulation and changes his username to Rykin122. Hats off to you guys. Cheers!

8. Jhon 591

Im not that grate XD!, just take alittle bit of know!

Im still at the GBAtemp - Just have to wait 3 days from now untill my suspention lift's! wensday

9. Prectorian

Oh! Ok. I look forward then to your future contribution for us all once your suspension in lifted. Maybe help KazoWar to speed up with his translating progress? Or start a similar project to translate, say.....a Dragon Quest 6 if I may request/suggest? I've been waiting for an English version or someone to do a translation of it. But its been like a year or more, and still nothing. I'm beginning to think no one will ever translate it or the DQ creators won't release a US version at all. SOB!

Heck....DQ9 alone took almost over a year. Or maybe you can help make a tutorial for us non programmers on how to start do our own translation project along with what programs we need. Would be extremely cool if someone like you could teach us that. Anyway, was very nice talking with you.

10. Jhon 591

Many thanks !prectorian

It's not much to ask , but could you please add this into that section at the GBAtemp ?

It's only the save coruption fix - but some people i see are moning about that in the section hear

http://gbatemp.net/t257936-final-fantasy-four-heroes-of-light-hype-thread?view=findpost&p=3188853

What to use

Chears jhon - drwhojan

11. Prectorian

I've made an account in GBAtemp and copy paste the text you want to add to GBAtemp on that forum link. Its under the same username I'm using here. Cheers!

12. Jhon 591

Just seen it up on there - Chears prectorian !!!

And Many thanks for put it on!

EDIT: Sorry Cid did fined the fixes!- credit gose to him!

13. Dharmesh

Dharmesh Well-Known Member

Hey, i've got the same problem on loading pokemon black/white and other games on my r4i.

14. Prectorian

I'll add his name next to your name. You will see it there after I edit it in a few minutes.

Edit: DONE!

15. Jhon 591

LOL - no worrys - just takes ones time!

Just saw! , many thanks prectorian ! - just leave it at this! chears

16. Prectorian

Sorry, I don't have an R4i, only an R4DS Original. If you're using TTMENU/YSMENU, you can try locate my editted version of infolib and extinfo for PKM B/W & PKM RGS in Klaimore's topic on PKM Ranger Guardian Signs. If you're using Wood RPG/WAIO/Woodldi, cause apparently you can't use Wood R4 as you're using R4i, you need to look up Coolkill3r's topic on that.

17. Dharmesh

Dharmesh Well-Known Member

Can you send me a link to Coolkill3r's topic?

18. Prectorian

Are you using Wood/WAIO?

Well, just this once I'll help cause apparently he closed down his original forum page and moved it into another site. So here: http://ndsinfo.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,7.0

Since you're using R4i so you need to use WAIO from his page. You need to change the SETTING inside the START option at the bottom of the touch screen. Find the RESET option inside SETTING and change it to OFF for you to play PKM B/W. To use Wood/WAIO to play PKM RGS you need to patch it with the xDelta patcher not the Open Patcher.

Or maybe you want to try a modified version of YSMENU from VividBoy H2Y cause his modified version is not limited for R4DS Original only, I've help and found that N5, R4 SDHC, and several other cart users able to run this:
    Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?9hbhz0cl3l88wnj

Change the Extinfo.DAT and Infolib.DAT in the TTMENU folder of VividBoy H2Y's YSMENU with the one I made. The link : http://www.mediafire.com/?v8zxzv8t480z8ab

Read the READ ME.txt inside to learn how to run the PKM B/W and PKM RGS on YSMENU. And patch the PKM RGS with Open Patcher not xDelta patcher. Good Luck!

19. cotyboy

cotyboy Member

what about the errorcode=-4 that happens when I load the english patched Kingdom Hearts Recoded rom on my DSTT? the clean rom works fine but the eng patched just doesn't work

20. Jhon 591

Has anyone tryed the trick on also over roms that have errcode=-4 on load , Mabe it might work for them also! - to get the codes for each game and them use the code for the infolib.dat file along with the encrypted gameID to use... Just a thought!,

And not just for pokemon