1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Linking on PC

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Diablo361, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diablo361

Diablo361 Well-Known Member

Is there any PC emulator that has a good DS link cable? (need it for HG; trained a Ghastly...)

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Highly doubt it.

3. Diablo361

then does anyone know any good firmware for a DATEL 4GB player?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Get a ds, a flash cart, locate a sav editer and then trade that off.

Or borrow a friends.

That is the only way-emulators cannot link to wifi or to each other from what I know.

5. Diablo361

Not wifi, local
    like you emulate 2 games, link them 2gether, trade between them

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

7. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

No$GBA does have multiplayer support, but only for GBA games as far as I can recall.

Perhaps copy the .sav from your emulator onto a flashcart and trade through that?

8. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean, but are you saying you wan to trade pokemon Version A to pokemon Version B? if so then you can link up Two DS pokemon games on no$gba to simulate local wifi trading between both versions and battle

your gonna need pokemon GBA game such as saphire or ruby to do this
    and of course No$gba and the two pokemon DS games you wish to link I could explain this but I kinda forgot since I havn't done it in a while and only did it recently on day one of pokemon Hg ss and it's not to complicates but does take up some time to get everything setup the first time
    heres a video Link that can Show you how this mothod works
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWkNtJAG_CA
    I done this before and it works I traded pokemon between Pearl to diamond however Platinum version will not work and HGSS will work on pearl and diamond but not with the recent patches I have on mine.

We are allowed to post youtube links right? sorry if I wasn't allowed I havn't found anything on this yet.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

As far as I know, you cannot link two DS games using NO$GBA.

Like the youtube video shows, you can boot up two NDS games, but the linking capabilities only works with GBA games, like the Zelda game, Four Swords. That's actually what it was designed for if I remember correctly.

So while that video shows starting up two games, you still cannot link them to trade pokemon.

10. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Actually you can I did lol and it's pretty easy once you know what your doing.

Trade battle just as if you had two ds handhelds in your home and it works like a charm on diamond pearl and hg ss however platinum version crashes with this method and hgss patches dont seem to work with it but the none patched once do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.