1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Limewire sued for 75 trillion, about all the money in the world.

Discussion in 'General News' started by personuser, Mar 23, 2011.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

I wish I was kidding.

75 trillion is around the estimated GDP of THE WORLD.

Discuss/Lol.

2. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Haha, wow.
    I first read "13 trillion", and that was already a ridiculous sum. But 75 trillion.

The judge in this case is aware that it is "absurd".

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I could buy a car with that money, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car, and another car,

In other words, wow.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

And I thought P Diddy getting sued for 1 trillion was overkill.

5. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

I think you can buy planet earth for that amount, j/k.
    But, wow... 75 trillion...just wow... 0.0

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

o_O.. 75 trillion.... i'm speechless.

7. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Now, how the heck can they pay that?

8. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

hey, they can borrow some money from me :)

9. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Holy sheet, 75 trillion. Imagine how much candy that can buy.

10. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

What I don't get is why they don't just make them selves bankrupt

11. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Never liked limewire, heh if they had 75 trillion they could buy me digimon

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Just like every other case brought by the RIAA/MPAA, the demands are completely unrealistic.

13. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Personally, I think this whole piracy laws thing is bullshit.
    If a company wants to make a copyright claim they should do it themselves in a small court.
    These big jew firms after all this money are pathetic.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That's exactly the problem. The RIAA/MPAA take the case to court, win a huge amount of damages then most of the money goes to the RIAA/MPAA NOT the copyright holder. If the copyright holder took the case to civil court themselves, admittedly the awards would be smaller, but it would all (minus legal fees) go to the copyright holder. The RIAA/MPAA are not 'standing up for the rights of copyright holders' as they would have everyone believe, but rather they are making themselves rich through career litigation at the expense of the very people they claim to be protecting.

15. shinra358

shinra358 Guest

Limewire shouldn't be responsible for what users choose to upload to their program. They even ask you when you install it: "are you using it for illegal reasons?" And if you say yes, it wont let you go forward. What ever happened to "people are responsible for their own actions". I guess the law just uses it to manipulate people :/
    If this is the case, why not ban computers in general? There is nothing different (functionality) about peer sharing programs and pcs ^_^

16. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

pocket change

17. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

This is balls. It's not even Limewires fault =.=

18. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

And make all the money you spent on cars back due due to intrest.

If I had that much money I'd be wiping my butt with gold bars.

19. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

That would be uncomfy.
    i would do it on swan necks

20. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

If I had that much money I'd start my own PMC. o_o