1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Lighter PSP Battery?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elk1007, May 17, 2009.

1. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

I have an old 1001 (phat) PSP. The battery is pretty bulky and adds to the weight quite a bit.

Is there a light battery I could buy that's about the same capacity?

I've seen that nokia battery hack, but I'd like something clean and pre-done.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

you must have a difftent battery than what came with the system I have 2 made by sony (3.6v 1800mAh)and they are not heavy at all to add any noticeable weight to the system itself.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The PSP Phat is heavy by itself, the battery adds almost nothing to it.

My brothers PSP 2000 is like a feather compared to it.

4. elk1007

If you take the UMD drive out, weigh it in your hand, and then take the battery out and weigh it, you'll notice quite a difference.

I might have a heavier battery though, because I have a TOOL battery of the same capacity and it seems a bit lighter.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

you didn't explain what type of battery you had I just assumed it was the one that was included with the system.
    but if your saying the TOOL battery is heavier (don't have one to compare) than the UMD drive than you might want to try the original battery.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The tool batteries are lighter because they are a poor (cheap) build. That's why they can sell them for 5USD compared to the full price of a real Sony Battery.

I would wager that if you used a Tool battery as a real battery (if they can even be "un" pandora'd), it would not live very long.

7. elk1007

Maybe I'll end up taking a dremel to the inner casing. looooooool