1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Libyan Crisis

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Feb 28, 2011.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Where are the UN Peace Keeping Troops? They are known to be "Peace Keeping" for a reason so why is the UN not sending troops? Its ok if the Libyans kills each other but foreigners are geting hurt or killed.

I don't know if any of the Big 5 are supporting Gadaffi so that any resolution is being vetoed. So, is the UN now being like the League of Nations? Worthless and eventually be abolished?

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

A lot of them foreigners are over there because of greed,working for big bucks because its a volatile place.Maybe they could invest some of their wages in stuff like this and protect themselves.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&sugexp=gsihc&xhr=t&q=machine+gun&cp=8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oJdrTdP2J6qAhAeV9JjyDg&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1281&bih=622

3. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

The full details are within here. I have been watching this go on for quite some time and it seems to me that political unrest won't stop unless Gadhafi is overthrown.

Whatever the United Nations are doing is futile and overrated. Nothing within the regime is even helping let alone ending all quarrels. It's not even the Regime's fault for having to deal with the traditional beliefs of other countries. If the Libyan government doesn't want to change so drastically then its very own citizens will have to shed some of their own light.

If the United nations were abolished then everything the nations have stood for will have been for nothing. Dependency is not exactly a "give and receive" relationship right now. A ton of countries are still at risk and fall under the category of interdependency.

4. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Well there is talk of sending U.S troops there to invade. I think that's dumb, and I think part the reason why that is, is just to get their oil.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No they're not. They have naval ships there to make it a no fly zone, imo, it's there to even out the playing field for the armed supporters and the ill-equipped rebel force.

6. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

No. I've read articles. I know they have made it a no-fly zone. But doesn't mean Obama won't send the military over there. He's already been hinting he would. And I've read many articles detailing that it's a possibility.

7. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

citations please

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As far as I'm aware that hasn't happened yet, its just being considered as one of a number of options.

9. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

It was a yahoo article and some TIME articles. It was earlier this week so I don't have the links.

10. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Khadafi is a terrorist.
    He deserves to die.

he's even killing people of his own country...

11. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Gadaffi should die.30 years of distributorship isn't enough for him. :(

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think its 41 years.

13. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Yup got even MORE news.His speech on tuesday was apparently a the starting of a war between Gadaffi and people in Libya.NO ONES SAFE!

14. luneth23

luneth23 Active Member

Thats why they're getting people out of Libya right now.

15. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

16. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying fuck about this?

17. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You're not the only one.

18. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

you have enough fuck to notice and respond

gadaffi is crazy he cant win this war

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Pretty sure there's the possibility of him winning, considering that his side has most, if not all the firepower in his disposal. They started using planes so, that's a very bad sign for most resistance.

HYPRRRR

20. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Is America the only largest consumer of foreign oil? Because in the mean time prices are about to go sky high. I mean for the Europeans gas prices are ttoooooo expensive anyways, I was just saying that because much of our biggest imports come from the middle east.

Gadhafi is sure to smog the entire place before much of it is exported.
    Seems like internationalism is a long way from ever combining forces. Political backlashes, pft bah!