1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Let's list all the Wii's Problems!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CloudBoii12, May 4, 2009.

1. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

We all know how this goes.
    Should we number them?
    Yea we should!
    See how many problems we can name for the Wii, numbered of course, than we can add them all up and send them to Nintendo in a huge email.
    Should this be moved to the Games/Jokes/Randoms board?
    Anyways, up to three at a time.
    Yea, I'm being generous =D
    So let's start.

1. The graphics barely live up to that of a 'pretty' PlayStation2 game.
    2. The Wii controller's wireless range is crap, in the sense that trying to point it at the screen from a distance of over 5 metres and still get the little cursor showing is impossible.
    3. NO MUSIC? WHAT!?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

4. Wii Remote is a crappy controller

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I think the graphics are pretty damn good if you ask me... but yeah, the controller is a load of crap

4. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

5. Too expensive for a 'filled with problems' system

5. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

5. internal memory is SMALL! Virtual Console idea? a nice one. Small memory for it? horrible.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The graphics are the best of the 128 bit generation (better than some final xbox titles), but it does suck about the music but then again, I have a stereo with sub in my room, the range can be adjusted be "calibrating" the remote but me and my brother play within a meter anyways, the wii remote I say half good/half bad a mouse could have done what it does most (most games use it just as a ursor not many use it's full potential)...

And while the internal memory sucks, it's to keep the system size small, besides the new update means you can save AND load the games off a SD card, and the types of those have changed since (no longer restricted on SDHC cards) so go and update if you can...

HOWEVER!

6.far too bloody family "point and click" rubbish on console (also includes wii series...not so much a game but another reason to stay indoors)

7. WHILE I enjoy arcade light gun games, there is a big focus on these, prehaps some more unique experiences that use the controller in new ways, or even a simulation type game that reflects movement...correctly (I cheat in No more heros I just shake remote in the oppisite direction to what I'm told if you call that cheating :) )

8. wii zapper...pays no homage to original zapper, is held more closely to super scope (2 hands...sucks) and is beaten by some 3rd party types which normally fail in comparison to nintendo made stuff (the "hand cannon" that comes with house of the dead OK is my personal fav)

9.the fact they didn't try to launch the thing in different colours sucks...stuck with white, wanted black :(

10.Virtual console library should be universal instead of "region localized" because I wanted the original smash bros on my wii :(

I'm aware that these are mostly software faults, but these are my reasons why I regret my wii, the only nintendo console other than my ancient NES than I see problems with....

(ps I'm a hardcore nintendo fan, which is why I picked on your reasons, I agreed with the music idea but of course the others were already adressed to why...sorry to slam you all :( )

7. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

it was worse then the gamecube

8. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

What kinda uber-ass high-end PS2 games have YOU been playing??

Mine works fine from 7 meters... :S

a) not EVERYTHING needs music
    b) photo channel has music capibilities

opinion

Cheapest console of this gen

agreed, but you can store and run games from a SDHC card

Can't argue really...

Whatcha expect? developers don't have good idea's :(

yep

hmm, not a problem for me, but i can see how it could be annoying.

Agreed so much!

Thats pretty much impossible, it can do everything the gamecube could do and more

Well thats my contribution (mds and rush are the only people here who've posted problems :S)

9. holoflame

holoflame Well-Known Member

11. the fact that the remote need batteries

10. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

You can get a recharge station with rechargeable battery.

anyway:

12. WiFi doesn't support all types of passwords on routers

11. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

13. It runs much too cold, I cannot cook my eggs on it like an xbox or ps3 :p

12. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

14. burns discs alot :p

13. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

15. Can break stuff and hurt people if you swing the nunchuk and the controller around too much

14. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

16. Potentially dangerous to furniture.

17."Game cannot read disc" error. Drives me crazy.

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

18. the ejecting thing.
    WELL I DONT BLOODY CARE IF THE LIGHT SHINES BLUE, FOR FUDGE SAKE JUST LET THE DISK OUT

16. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

not much great titles.

17. holoflame

holoflame Well-Known Member

19. the fact you need a key or the homebrew channel to play roms

18. ultra

ultra Guest

where are the third party support?!

19. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

the fact that i have not played it since me and my girlfriend completed trauma center. but i won't get rid of it because its still fun for Christmas, birthdays and parties/gatherings

20. xviyz

xviyz Member

20. No DVD Cappabilities, Fail compared to PS3 and 360

21. Really gay regional lock (I got a american wii cuz i didnt wanna wait for it to come to me, and i can't buy and australian games because the lock won't let them)

22. You can't restore the firmware (The firmware increases said lock)