1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by TheBlueMeanie, Mar 26, 2009.

1. TheBlueMeanie

TheBlueMeanie Member

There's a trailer on YouTube. What are your thoughts? ???

It basically seems like a PH clone to me, but obviously with trains instead of boats.

That said, I'm sure, as with all Zelda games, it'll still be fun. 8)

2. heywoodjablomey

heywoodjablomey New Member

hope it will have more stuff to do in the game.

3. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

from what I've seen, it's basically phantom hourglass with trains (like what you stated b4).

I'll give it a shot, but I won't have high expectations. I didn't really like Phantom Hourglass.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

As long as I don't have to go through the same dungeon 10 times, I'll like it a lot.

5. jb7410

jb7410 New Member

cant wait for it

6. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

im all for zelda games, but the cel-shaded link doesn't attract me for some reason.

maybe its because i started with "Link to the Past".

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's too bad that Link has never had pink hair again, eh?

I like the cel shaded style but I wish they didn't use it for a DS title. I miss the Zelda's like Link's Awakening and Seasons/Ages. Being able to see more things wouldn't hurt.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I never liked the cel-shading either. Can't remember what I started with, it was either LttP on emulator (probably) or OOT

9. GideonB

GideonB Well-Known Member

Oh dear lord, seriously, is this the best nintendo could think up of when they had a gazillion other ideas (like Link being a street gangster and it being set in today's world and Zelda being well zelda, and ganon being the mayor of the town), but spirit tracks seems like a joke to me.

10. DSaddictforever

DSaddictforever Well-Known Member

well i think there would be a lot of dungeon work again...
    the only differences i saw between spirit tracks and phantom hourglass,
    is yeah, the train,
    and i think link has some new weapons.
    graphics are still the same though.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm not sure why everyone hates the Train thing, I like it, it fits. In Windwaker there were steam boats (the pirate boats). So there has to be some sort of train.

Plus it isn't just copy/paste or anything. It's different.

I'm more worried about if I have to go through the same dungeon ten times.

12. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

well since it says you control phantoms then that is a preaty bit clue we will be sneaking our way through the same dungeon again and again

also all zelda games are the same with different wepons and dungeons and slightly different plot lines

we really shouldn't complain about it since we are downloading it for free anyway...

so we will try it out and then post on it

13. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Still, riding a magical train or whatever? Sorry, but riding a train isn't anything close to appealing to me.

14. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

How so? Does the existence of Phantoms instantly generate a Redundant Dungeon of Redundancy? In any case, you won't need to sneak past them, 'cause they're on your side.

I'm hoping for a Four Swords-esque multiplayer mode. Playing tag/capture-the-Force-Gem with Phantoms just wasn't fun.

15. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

I'll try it but.. hmm, as mentioned before, riding a magical train? WTF?

16. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

Riding the magical train of happiness, I am :D

IDC about the single player, I WANT NEW ZELDA WIFI NAO!

17. Murderbox

Murderbox Active Member

They should make a Step Up 2: The Streets game but with all the Zelda characters having stoopid kool hip-hop style. But I've NEVER been able to get into ANY Zelda game. No idea why. I used to be well into RPGs, but not so much anymore.