1. This forum is in read-only mode.

legend of zelda link to the past gba (U) fault...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I just got it from this site and when I got into the start menu (where you enter your name and such) I can't see the cursor, enter my name (it always comes up as RRR even though I try to select others using my invisable cursor) and the menu after that which lets you chose between 4 swords and link to the past...well I can see 2 menu choices but they don't display txt...

Another error which came up just before is the game would come up as corrupt until i deleted the whole thing, save and rom, I just redone it all and it's doing it again...

*This time it's all working well, menu's are easy to see and all txt is shown...

None of my gba roms have done this-using acekard with ezy 3 in 1 flash card to play fully updated with akio fireware...

*This just came up during a second test, basically I'm asking if this might be a "jump" game transfer, this might end up like before where it showed as a dead rom...

Just thought I bring this to your attention, it's not a hardware fault but a software fault.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Software in firmware yes.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just as I guessed, it did it again, although intermitted...sometimes it works fine, other's like I described, and some times it just won't play...\

I downloaded the euro one (E) M5 and it works flawlessly...

Can someone test my therory about the USA rom at least, my rig has only failed me once...and that is when I deleted a sav and didn't notice lol.

EDIT-okay spoke too soon, even the EURO version plays up, again only every now and then...

I had re installed the firmware only recently, all files in there...

Maybe I have too many roms on this thing-or could it be the ezy 3 in 1 flash card?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It'd be the device yes.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...guess I'll have to put up with it, takes ages to back up all my games off it...
    That and a little brother who just won't wait :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.