1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Legend of dragoon fmv sound

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nova77, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Nova77

Nova77 Member

Does anyone know an epsxe configuration that will allow me to run LoD with sound in the fmv sequences. Is it true that I need the recommended PAL bios for it to work? I only have the recommended US bios scph1001. I found a download of several bios files including what seemed to be scph7502 - PAL recommended. In configuration it was called scph9002 though.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Not sure about those Bios part, but you may want to change the Sounds plugins or the graphic plugins configuration for your ePSXe.

Try download this plugin pack https://www.romulation.org/files/plugins.zip

For graphic plugins, try the Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 on the nice settings.
    For the sound plugin, try either ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 or P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9.

3. Nova77

Nova77 Member

Thanks but I am already using those plugins. I've also tried the eternal SPU but it doesn't help.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try these settings, set your sound plugin to Eternal SPU Plugin(try both version, 1.50 or 1.41).
    - Audio Device= Direct Sound, Buffer size= 64
    - Audio out method= SPUasync, Async mode=Smooth
    - Misc= enable only 'Wait for XA buffer is free', Fine tune= 0, Reverb= Neill's
    - Special game fix= enable all options.

or, for P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9,
    - Mode= 2:SPUasync
    - Volume= 3:Loudest(or any)
    - Reverb= 2:pSX reverb
    - Interpolation= 3: Cubic Interpolation(1 & 2 should work fine as well)
    - XA music= enable all

The latest ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 should fix the FMV issue, since the XA sound was enabled automatically.
    but you can try using the 1.5.2 version, or press F6.

If none of the settings are working, try load the iso on mounting program(Daemon Tools, Alcohol), set the Cdrom plugins to ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0, enable the subchannel read from cdrom, set the drive letter and run the game using the 'Run CDROM' function.

5. Nova77

Nova77 Member

Great! Mounting it on the drive and enabling the subchannel read from cdrom worked! Thanks alot!