1. This forum is in read-only mode.

learning how to play sports

Discussion in 'Sports' started by quickcaster, Jun 30, 2009.

1. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

i learnt alot about soccer and tennis just by watching it and im good at it what do u guys think do u learn alot when watching sports

2. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Learn to throw tantrums at the TV and gulp down lots of beer.

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I dont think you can learn Soccer by watching it, the game is all about technique, which you cant develop by sitting down.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

ya 11 people kicking one ball...its soooooooo impossible to learn by watching........

anyway i'm self learn in Badminton when i'm young, since i enjoy playing it, i join club in school, then high school. i quit playing it after enter college. and my high school friend now drag me along when they short of player.....

5. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

LoL, I cant learn soccer, that game is the most hard game to learn and play it.... when i am playing in my school i always get like track and i cant move i dont now why it but that great playing it because they call me the most gooler, i just do gools that i dont bolive i do, but that game is great and i like it, when i start i was like track and i cant move i dont now why it say it up, but then like 1 month or 2 month ago i move and do best goolers that the other months, but its to hard to play it and in my school in a day i do like 4 gools max and 2 gools min...

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

football/soccer is easy. the diversity of skills it requires is very low. Cricket requires skill.

7. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

Will for me those 2 game you say are so hard >I...

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I suck at sport-my height was an advantage in basket ball and football (aussie rules-none of that padding rubbish like the american-nor shirt lifting insanity of soccor) but my poor reaction times and inability to get rough holds me back...

But here is the strange part-unlike those sports which I USED to watch (before I..grew out of them, WTF) I learned netball in 45 seconds...

Unlike basket ball, I used my brain, i had time to think-in my old school team we always won 11-0...

Because of my stratagy (and insane ability to grab the ball whislt about to fall-think learning tower of piza but more leaning, dangerously..) they could almost never score...

I'm aware it's a girls sport, but here's the thing-our school football team sucked, the so-called good players were jerks who picked on weakness, and the netball team only had 2 players in total who had to mix with other teams...

Too weak to play rough, but prehaps a bit much to play netball XD

The team consisted of mostly guys who were too weak to play football....and the 2 girls (not many girls in our school..sadly :( )

As for learning, you gotta play it, I can't watch something and expect to know it-gotta try it as well-practice works as well-just like how schools work (by doing the same thing over and over, the repitition drums it in)...

As what I play now-absolutly nothing-but what I gained hasn't wasted...

9. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Football requires skill.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I didn't say it doesnt require skill, I said the diversity of skills is very low, meaning you only need skill in very few areas.

11. Misguidance

Misguidance Active Member

I don't understand cricket. :( It confuses me.

Generally I am pretty crap at sports, but I used to be really good at Hocky, and I have a blue belt in Tae Kwon-Do.

And I agree- you can pick up a bit from watching sports, but you've gotta get out and play it to really get it all worked out.

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

kicking the ball around the field doesnt require much skill. you know what need skill? Pool aka Snooker, you think its easy to poke that stupid white ball around? think again.....

13. quickcaster

quickcaster Well-Known Member

you have a blue belt in tae kwon do and your 25 im 11 and im a junior black belt got those red and black ones for my belt did it for4 years then quit after a sparring injury