1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Latest AKAIO

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by bikeboy99, Sep 18, 2010.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

i've heard theres a v1.5 is that true?? and if it isnt post a link to the latest please??

2. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

two words use google

3. bikeboy99

three words CBF

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Isn't the latest AKAIO like 1.7.1, pretty sure it is.

5. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557&f=8&sid=db1f4e278f50bdc092c0c731a4054be9

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Wow. You're a ways back. :p

The latest is 1.7.1.

7. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

I wonder how long it will take for the next version to come out? 2 months between updates for AKAIO is a long time really.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can thank the programmer Rudolph for that.

9. bikeboy99

ok thanks guys! :D

10. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

Didn't all of that happen towards the beginning of the year? Normmatt has released updates since then so I thought he had moved on and had continued to keep AKAIO up to date.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was sometime ago.

Rudolph cracked AKAIO 1.5.1 to work on the R4i, which is an Acekard clone.
    Normatt decided to only have private betas and to not do a public release except every few months or whenever needed. This includes loaders which used to updated weekly to daily.

It's a shame...but it has yielded a better AKAIO if that makes sense.

12. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

I am still wondering if it is yielding a better AKAIO. Any flashcard is only as good as its firmware. Firmware can't be considered to be great if it is only updated every 3+ months.

Normmatt may actually be slowly killing the Acekard with this behaviour. I was wanting to buy some for some friends kids because of game compatibility but am really considering whether it is worth it.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Think what you want.

I am perfectly content with the compatibility.
    I think it has smoothed out the GUI and the compatibility is still very good.

14. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I was wondering why it's now been about 3 months since the last update. I'm still content with my choice of going from a M3 Real to an Acekard 2i.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's sad that it happened, but I think that AKAIO is better than ever. :)

16. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

I just did a good old google and read that 1.8 will be bigger and better than ever. I can't wait!

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Where's the link?

18. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

A few have talked about the beta one fixing Black & White. THis link is where Normmatt himself talks about it.
    http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=646
    "The only major thing that prevents some games from running is either a save problem (which can usually be fixed by using a different dma mode) and Anti Piracy which can now be fixed with a per game or global setting in akaio 1.8"

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I really can't wait for it's release! :D