1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Last time, I could download coz it's a zipped folder. Now I can't. Please help.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lemoncubez, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemoncubez

lemoncubez Member

Hi, thanks for reading this topic and in any way helping me. I am bored with all the games I have now and want to download more.

Just the starting of the year, I could still download it, then open and unzip using winrar. But now, it's not in a zipped folder. And the options I get when I first click Download-North American server is 'Find', 'Save' and 'Cancel'

Please help because I want a change in games, and the games that are available now are very attractive. Thanks very much.

P.S: Please explain clearly coz I'm more of an IT Dork. Thanks very very much

2. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

So wait - you're still able to download it, but it registers as a non-zipped file?
    What file extension does it have ?

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Huh?
    I'm not understand..
    Did you using WinRaR?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We do not use .zip files here, we use .rar files because the compression is a lot better. To download, click the 'save' button (ALWAYS click 'save', even if there is an 'open' option). To open it, Download winrar from www.rarlabs.com and follow the winrar tutorial in our tutorials section.

5. lemoncubez

lemoncubez Member

thanks very much!

6. treyton

treyton New Member

wtf???

k i have downloaded reboot, monster rancher 2,final fantasy ix disc 2 of 4, and when i unzip them with win rar it says "no archive , or crc error or unexpected end of archive

7. Loonylion

make sure your copy of winrar is up to date, if that doesn't work then try 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html) as our PSX isos are actually 7-zip archives (but winrar should be able to open them).

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a corrupted download. Re-download the game, but this time use a download manager like FlashGet

http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm

This will help you with corrupted downloads.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of Winrar, http://rarlabs.com/

9. treyton

treyton New Member

shweet

thanks a lot
    i spent half an hour tryin to figure it out

Post Merge: [time]1244930793[/time]
    k the links to those games i listed above dont work so do you know anywhere i can get them because i am lacking the points to download them

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can't post links to other ROM hosting sites. It's against the rules.

You'll have to wait for more points.

11. Loonylion

its free to redownload for 24 hours after your first download of that file, and try using a download manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.