1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Lameboy?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Mishy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

So I was searching around and found out (yeah, finally) that there is a GBA emulator that I could put on my flashcart. Does that still mean I need a slot-2 device to run the GBA games or can I put them on my flashcart and run them after selecting what game I want to play?

I'm using a M3 Real with Sakura firmware latest update if that helps.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's a GameBoy and GameBoy Color emulator.
    Not a GBA emulator. :p

And yes, you still need a slot-2 card for the GBA games.

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Well, at least you know what I meant...And damn it, why does it still need a damn slot-2 device...so sad now...lol...Thanks for answering my question though. :)

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's because the flashcart is not powerful enough to run GBA games directly from the cart. It needs assistance through the GBA slot.

There is a flashcart coming out called the SuperCard DSTwo that will play GBA and NDS games from the Slot-1 flashcart. :)

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

That sounds absolutely wonderful. But, where would I buy if from? And is that type of card really good?

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can't buy it yet, but you can pre-order it.

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DSTWO-Card-for-Nintendo-DS-DS-Lite-DSi-p-97.html

It's fairly expensive though... O-o

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Honey that's cheap. I remember searching for CycloDS flashcarts and they cost around $50 USD.

I'll consider it...

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It is?

I find that expensive for a flashcart. :p
    Though money is tight on my end...

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It should be coming out around this summer or so from what I've read, though there is still no set release date. I'll probably consider the DSTwo for myself though, just as an upgrade from my original R4. Still gonna wait until I know it is a good cart though, not gonna blow over $30 on something if it isn't any better than my original R4.

By the way, if you use Lameboy, USE SAVE STATES! This emulator is freaking awful at registering the fact that you saved in game on pretty much every game I've played except for Pokemon Crystal.

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

^I'll take your word for it about the save states. But now, that I've installed M3 Sakura firmware on my flashcart, I've sort of fell in love with my M3 again.

And like you I'll probably wait awhile till the reviews start pouring in from users.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They're mostly going to be positive most likely.

Wait for a real source, like GBATemp for an unbiased report.

12. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Awesome, I have them already bookmarked.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Good!

They have a lot of good reviews and are mainly unbiased from what I can tell.

14. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

The only thing that disappoints me is that they don't have their cheat database updated anymore...

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Try here - http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

I have that bookmarked. ;)

16. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. I used to have the other one bookmarked but then they stopped updating it. It's bookmarked now. And your awesome. :)

17. Cryxok

Cryxok New Member

the Supercard DSTWO will be able to send pokemon data from DPtHGSS to Pokemon Battle Revolution?

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't know...wait till it comes out. :p

19. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm so happy, I finally got a nice job, so I'll be buying that Supercard DSTWO.