1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Lameboy sound and crashing problem on AK2i with AKAIO 1.7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stairvole, Jun 27, 2010.

1. stairvole

stairvole New Member

Hi everyone, sorry that my first post is a plea for help!

I'm running AKAIO 1.7 on an AK2i, with Lameboy 0.12.

I first noticed the problem on Tetris DX. I've had no problems in the past, but now I'm getting an error where the sound sticks, and while the game will still play (at least for a little while), Lameboy itself won't respond (can't get the Lameboy screens to come up, none of the buttons used for Lameboy do anything). The sound stays stuck and stays that way until I turn the DS off.

Initially this only happened some way into the game (past selection screens and actually playing the game).

The problem deteriorated to the point were the problem would happen almost immediately after loading the ROM. Sometimes Lameboy's functions still work for a while after the glitch, sometimes I can't see the Lameboy screens at all, and once the screen went black soon after the crash.

It happens on other ROMs too (the only other ROMs I have tested are GBC ones). Unfortunately I rarely play games other than Tetris DX so I can't say whether all ROMs worked previously to this problem starting, but I've had no real problems in the past.

I have tried removing some other files on my card to make more space; no effect. Deleting ROM and save file and putting it back on the card; no effect. Tried different dump; no effect. Removing and re-adding Lameboy; it seems to last a little longer before glitching, but it could just be random and I'm imagining the difference.

This is (I think) the first time I've tried using Lameboy since updating to AKAIO 1.7, but I've had a look around on the internet and can't find anyone else having the same problems. I have also recently tried the "paper trick" (sticking a bit of paper on the sticker side) on my Acekard as I was having occasional problems with the contacts. Also tried the paper trick variant which involves sliding the paper between the contacts and the body of the card. I have removed the paper to see if it affects the problem, but to no effect.

I have also recently got an EZ-flash 3-in-1 card, but I've tried removing that and it makes no difference.

The card was originally formatted with Panasonic SD Formatter.

Short of reformatting the SD card and putting all my files back on, I can't think of anything else to try. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? I think reformatting is unlikely to solve the problem, but is it worth a try?

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help me!

EDIT: Problem solved. Turned out it was homebrew soft-reset. Disabling soft-reset for Lameboy dealt with the issue.