1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Lagging NDS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omgwut, Oct 13, 2010.

1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

When I play Metal Slug 7, Animal Crossing: WW, or PKMN Platinum, my game lags like crazy. Whether if I'm using AR or not, the game still lags. Especially with Platinum. The game lagged so much it couldn't even save. Sometimes I had to delete my ACWW rom for a new one due to lag issues. Anyone know the possible cause to the lag and the fix? I'm guessing it's either the AR's doing or the ttds device.

2. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

ive experienced similar slow downs with MS7, ironman 2, commando steel disaster, tony hawk proving ground on my fake ak2i.

is your TTDS real?

3. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

It is normal, the problem is the DS hardware, flashcarts, memory cards. Not the game ;D

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if your using a flashcard, it can be the micro sd card your using

5. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

This^
    Might want to reformat it (after backing up your files of course!)
    Reformatting fixes a large portion of problems. If lagging still occurs, it may be an issue with a rom you downloaded recently.

6. machomuu

machomuu Active Member

If you use this method, use the Panasonic SD Format tool.

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i meant it could be the reading speed your card has. it is shown by a number inside a circle. and try formatting aswell

8. darkrequiem

Why not just the regular reformat? Is it not as good?

9. machomuu

machomuu Active Member

Well, it's recommended to use Panasonic because it thoroughly detects the type of SD card and it's speed and class, thus professionally fixing problems.

Also, these problems are usually caused by class 2 or lower cards. I recommend a class 4 SD, they work extremely well and I haven't had a problem caused by the SD card yet.

10. darkrequiem

I see.
    These problems aren't much. It's just that every 6 months or so, I have to reformat my SD cards otherwise they lag slightly.

11. manaseater

Is there a big difference between class 4 and class 6 cards?

Is it true that 8gb cards are inherently slower than 4gb? 2gb?

Also what is best- sandisk? Kingston? Other?

12. darkrequiem

- Class 4 and Class 6 are essentially the same in compatibility, but I assume Class 6 is faster. Though flashcarts don't need something Class 6 and above. Class 4 should be fine.

- I don't know if 8gbs are slower, as I've never used one (the R4 can only use up to 2gbs, but you can just buy 4 2gb SD cards)

- Kingston and SanDisk Are both pretty good, just don't buy a knock off (they're actually popular). You could try 'designer' brands, but they are needlessly expensive for just using a flashcart.

13. manaseater

Yeh, ive seen a couple like ridata or something like that offering class 6 cards for a decent price, wondering if it was worth it-

14. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Okay, got some more crap to say:
    -My sis got me the TTDS, Micro SD, and NDS from China.
    -My DS is silver-colored and made in Korea.
    -My TTDS had a small red sticker with small chinese letters on it, meaning it was from the chines black market or so. I have no idea if the TTDS is legit or not.
    -My Micro SD is a class 4 with 4GB and made in Taiwan.

PS: 3 of my ROMs broke before. One was Taiko no Tatsujin with the AP in it, and it broke for some reason. The other was PMD: Explorers of Sky, and the ROM broke when I was playing. The last one was Sonic Classic Collection. This ROM KEEPS BREAKING. Sometimes in the middle of gameplay, the graphics or sound scrambles up, and maybe the ROM freezes. Because of this, I have to constantly delete the corrupted ROM, and replace it again.

PSS: Some games don't lag in my DS. For Example: GTA: Chinatown Wars, SMT: Strange Journey, FF4, Disgaea, LoZ: Spirit Tracks, etc.

PSSS: As I am typing this, my Sonic Classic Collection ROM JUST BROKE. WTF.

15. darkrequiem

Your SD card is fine, but you might want to reformat anyway (corrupted data and all)
    You might want to consider changing your flashcard. Before this though, you should make sure you have uncorrupted files. e
    If you downloaded something from a sleazy site, you may have gotten a virus (i.e. a rom filled with a virus)
    If you only downloaded from here or another safe site, it could be your Flashcart.
    I'm no expert, but I had experience with a corrupted SD card due to a fake rom. It was annoying, but I got rid of it.

16. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I got my DS ROMs from rom-freaks.net. Is it a safe site?

Oh yeah, I can't download any ROMs here since... well, you can't.

17. manaseater

I hope you are right- once my legit acekard2i gets here my problems should resolve...

18. darkrequiem

Yes, you can. It's just hidden in the forums, check at the bottom of the forums. It's in "Share".
    Post Merge: [time]1287045587[/time]
    Unless the problem is with a rom or file you downloaded onto your flashcart.

19. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

...okay then. First off: Is Rom Freaks a safe site though?

Secondly, When I'm reformatting my card, should I delete some ROMs?

20. darkrequiem

I think rom freaks is.
    No, just back them up (as in, transfer them to your computer and back after you reformat.)
    Then, if possible, delete any rom/file you think may be infested. It may just be a problem with a rom, remember. This has happened to me before.
    If you don't think it's a rom that's the problem don't delete any.

Sorry for the late reply.