1. This forum is in read-only mode.

kung hei fat choi 2010 and merry valentine's day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crimson089, Feb 12, 2010.

1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

~ Singles' shout out this Valentine's Day! lol ;D

Coincidentally, the Tiger is set loose on Valentine's Day this year. Though I don't celebrate both of these, and I remember rem merged one of my topics, I'd like to greet everyone with Happy Valentine's Day, and a Happy Chinese New Year 2010 to all the Chinese People here on RomU (if there's any) !!! (the earlier, the better ^__^)

This Year celebrates the White Metal Tiger.

Love is in the air!! Anyone can share how they will celebrate this. Anything relevant to Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day can be discussed here.

I'd like to share the greatest love story I've ever read in history, and since Cupid has been a popular icon during Valentine's Day. Though it may sound like the other fairy tales, it's far better than any other love films I've seen. Maybe some of you have heard this story already. As far as I can remember, I've read this on a book 4 years ago. It is a story of love, truth, trust, and redemption, is a crucial component in the vast array of lessons and moral teachings in Greek mythology. I've appreciated this story since it has a lot of lessons, and i think is a very good example for this generation.

and here's one cheesy love quote:

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Happy CNY XD
    Hope those that celebrate get lots of Ang Pao XD
    And no Valentines for me unless you want me to fall for my cousin XD

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Happy Valentine's Day in advance to every one without a date on sunday. You deserve the greeting more than those with someone cause they'll hear it all day.

And for the chinese and believers of the Chinese New Year customs, Kung Hei Fat Choi! A Prosperous Lunar New Year to you all.

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Happy CNY to those who celebrate it !
    I don't expect much going to happen to me on Valentine's day though.

It's on Sunday and I'm just gonna stay home and relax :p

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It's such an odd twist of coincidence that these two occasions happened to be on the same date come Sunday, making it even quirkier ;D

I bet'cha there will be fireworks everywhere & I MEAN EVERYWHERE *wink wink*

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Oh.. wut?!

Both occasions happened on same day?

...... didn't realize it..
    No wonder it was a one week holiday...

Oh well...

Happy Valentine Day and Happy Chinese New Year to those who are celebrating it.

* meganova rushed to the nearby stores

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

恭喜發財.

That's "gong xi fa cai" in REAL Chinese. ;)

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

You forgot to say Happy Singles Awareness Day FYI.

That falls on the same day too.

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

[me=Moderasian]pushes up glasses.[/me]

Well, ACTUALLY...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Day

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Funny thing, a study in Denmark showed that 88% of people found Valentines day to be silly. I'm actually a bit proud of my nation right now.

11. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Hmmm, happy holidays?
    :)

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

We should go punt small children together. =[