1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Knitting!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Lostinamimebox, Nov 29, 2009.

1. I started a few months ago. Anyone else enjoy it? It's soothing, and relaxing. Plus it's an awesome way to make homemade gifts for Christmas, and I made myself a scarf. :D
    ..I wonder what extreme knitting would be like.. ::)

2. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Well if you need any help just holler! ;v) I've been knitting for 41 years! ;v) I can do cables, Irish lattice, just about anything but that God awful intarsia! YUCK! Whoever came up with knitting from 14 different scanes all at once should've been shot! ;v)

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

This topic brings back memories from my primary school days. I was a member of a very unruly class, once we where messing about in cookery class(throwing flour at each other) and as a punishment we had to do knitting for 3 months with the girls. You cannot imagine the horror of telling a group of 9 year olds not only do they have to do knitting but with the girls!!

Anyway, after much protest we began our knitting classes and would you believe that after 2 or 3 weeks of knitting all us boys began to enjoy it. We made scarves and hats(basic knitting i know) but we were very proud of the result. Some of the boys liked it so much they did not go back to cookery class. So yeah knitting is cool, I still prefer to cook though.

4. Squidward568

Squidward568 Member

I used to like knitting, but it has gradually got more boring every day.

5. I have not conquered hats yet. I don't have the needles with the round wire or whatever to it. Unless, do you know Fenny if you can knit a hat with normal needles? I have a bag I made too, and I have the sewing needles for knitting to close the sides, havn't done it yet either. <.< Can you tell I'm a procrastinator? I had another question but I forgot now. I got distracted by spilled chocolate milk. :eek:

6. Fennyariel

Go get yourself a set of Denise jumper kneedles! ;v) They come in every size needed and they have these little connectors called jumpers so you can make the cable even longer! ;v) I've had two sets for years so I can have all the double pointed needles for socks, mittens and gloves in all the sizes! ;v) Making double pointed needles is easy. You just connect two needle heads with a jumper, no cable inbetween! ;v)

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

.. I nearly knit my finger when I was still a newbie. ;D

8. hanakim

hanakim New Member

I love knitting. Though I've been working on this blanket for almost 3 years now. I've been procrastinating. It's almost done I swear. ^_^

9. Fennyariel

I don't see how. Needles aren't THAT sharp! Least ways I've never heard anybody running their fingers through.

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

my girlfriend knits and it sucks. she constantly is yelling "shut up i'm counting" at me.

11. Fennyariel

That's because she doesn't know how to "learn" a pattern! ;v) I can sit and yack all day and never drop a stitch! ;v)

12. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to learn how to knit but never got around to it : (

I'll make that my New Year's resolution haha. Hopefully I won't procrastinate again.

13. Fennyariel

Here's a really cool site for learning how! ;v) I just wish I could teach you myself.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/crafts-hobbies/Knitting/Understanding-Patterns-Techniques.html

14. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

That's a pretty helpful site! Thanks : )

I hope that something I can knit a beret by myself haha.

15. I never count when I'm knitting. I never did. Every so often when I am knitting something I'll stop and count just to make sure it still matches and it does so I'm never worried about it.

16. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

turns out that she doesn't count and only says that to me to stop me yacking ;D

17. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll take this up one day, because my life has hit a slope, and EVERYTHING is boring >.<

When I become a pro, I'll be glad to mention that the folk at RomUlation helped me find my knitting skills :) (Biggest hat ftw)

18. JynxJester

JynxJester Well-Known Member

I would love too if I didn't find it so... lame at the same time.

I think I would love to make things and get creative... but I think getting to it would just be lame.