1. This forum is in read-only mode.

knights in the Nightmare

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Shiokazu, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

its finaly here,oh well cant wait to check how weird this game is.

lots of people talked to me about how this game was weird.the system looks a little confusing,i wonder if ill manage to play it ok.

well anyone here already put the hands on the rom and had chance to play?because right now im downloading it and looks like it will take a while

2. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Downloading as we speak... I hear a lot of good stuff about this game, but I wasn't too sure - I guess now we'll find out if it's worth importing the English version from America.

3. Shiokazu

this game sure makes me wonder what kind of positives and negatives are there,the first video i saw,from the japanese release made me remenber ouendan and also the world ends with you,made me remenber more the world ends with you than anything else.

the graphics are cool,same art as yggdra union im right?

4. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Yuppers. Same developers, same art style. :)

If this is anything like TWEWY, it'll be a smash hit.

5. Shiokazu

yes it will be! i like the fast action semi bullet hell from the world ends with you,that game is awesome!

another point is the music,everyone was talking about the music in this game.

ow i cant wait 20 minutes D:

6. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

downloading it right now, uploading it to my cart at noon.

IGN said some great things about it, can't wait!

7. SeaSnake

SeaSnake New Member

Played the first few stages and so far I'm impressed although the control system is very confusing at first. I would recommend going through the tutorials before anything. Looks to be a very very complex game, perhaps even more so than Disgaea and FFTA2!

8. steirina

steirina Active Member

Downloading it right now, actually. Based on what I've seen from screenshots, the game looks a bit messy somehow. The story really intrigues me, though. ~

9. Qizm

Qizm Active Member

Yea, I've played the first few stages, and I'm fairly impressed. It is a bit overwhelming, though, I'm still not sure how the transoul and item merging can be used effectively... I think I'll just experiment to my hearts content, and then just start over :p

10. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

It's just like Riviera.I like it.Gotta a pretty good game.

11. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Wow i suck. I cant even finish the first level.... too used to Yggdra Union.

12. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Merge all weapons of the same name and level, you only need 1 of each weapon and you want the durability to be as high as possible, don't merge weapons of different levels as you always loose the highest level weapon.
    Use transoul when one of your characters gets near their maximum level, or if you have 2 chars the same but do not want to level both of them then transoul 1 into the other, the extra vitality they gain is worth it. Edit: Forgot to say that if a characters vitality is getting low, around 10 or so, then you should transoul them to another character or get rid of them to obtain their special weapon.

Extra tip, if you have key items for a stage load them all at the first turn, forget about weapons. Give each character their key item and hit A to bring up the pause menu. Choose convert time to experience, then you can select the weapons you need on turn 2 as you have dealt with all the key items on turn 1.

13. GoldenTalesGeek

GoldenTalesGeek Well-Known Member

You know, it's actually a very little-known fact that "Riviera", "Yggdra Union" and "Knights in the Nightmare" are all part of the same series. It's known as the "Dept. Heaven" series. "Riviera" is considered to be Episode I of it, "Yggdra Union" is Episode II, and "Knights" is Episode IV. There's more info on here it if any of you are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dept._Heaven

14. Shiokazu

OK actualy i passe the whole day playing the game,its a mix of bullet hell and tactics RPG. very cool game indeed

the things i dont understand is about moving characters,the knight and the duelist can move,but the duelist can face only 2 directions,and the knights 4,but the duelist can reach higher places,and the knight cant,if you... by mistake reaches a higher place,and want to return how you're supossed to make this?

15. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

You don't, there is no way back out, the duelist is a very risky character to play, but they have a very good law attack to balance this.

16. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

can we go back to a map and recruit a knight which wasn't recruited???

17. Qizm

Qizm Active Member

Nope, I don't think you can. So you'd better pay close attention to recruitable characters.

Then again, most get transouled into another one anyway, so I don't think it -really- matters if you miss a character.

18. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Well i havent downloaded this game yet.. how is it guys?

19. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Wow...finally understand the new sistem. On chap 7. Waiting for AR for durability.

20. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Thanks for this advice - I wasn't sure how to handle this and since there's only ONE save slot (grr...) I was nervous about screwing myself somehow. I have all these same-type, save-level weapons and at least one guy with VIT of 10, now I know what to do with these.

Thanks again!