1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Knight Rider anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Almo, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol I just found this, apparently there is a new knight rider comming out (remember im in NZ, the equivelent to living under a rock).

Finally the horrid American Gladiators 2008 finishes tonight. After the finale, NBC’s Knight Rider 2008 edition airs. The pilot episode is set in a ‘tv movie’ format, which runs 120 minutes long. The Knight Industries 3000 will be an upgrade to The Knight Industries 2000. KITT will be voiced by Val Kilmer. KITT is going to be a 2008 Ford Mustang GT500KR and will have similar features as compared to the original KITT including the ability to morph into a “battle mode”, a new effect achieved primarily with CGI animation. The KITT 3000 features are:

* 550 horsepower solar hybrid engine
    * Sports-tuned suspension
    * Xenon headlamps with infrared night-vision
    * Metallic paint with nanotech enhanced camouflage
    * Military satellite access
    * FBI database access
    * Self-regeneration and damage repair
    * High-speed Internet
    * Artificial Intelligence
    * Voice-activated GPS system
    [​IMG]

Pilot: 24 year-old Stanford University Ph.D. candidate Sarah Graiman is set to follow in her genius father Charles’ footsteps. Her life takes a dramatic turn when men try to abduct her. She receives a mysterious phone call from KITT, a car of her father’s creation, letting her know that her father is in danger. Sarah and KITT set off to recruit her childhood friend Mike Tracer into helping them figure out who has her father and is trying to steal KITT. Mike, having just returned from serving in Iraq is jaded and reluctant to help, but eventually agrees. This two-hour movie event is a modern day sequel to the classic 1980s television series starring Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, and Bruce Davison, with a special guest appearance by David Hasselhoff.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

meh that kitt looks terrible compared to the original, no streamlining at all.

3. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

When I read the description I knew from "high-speed internet" - I just had to watch this!

4. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

knight rider is so sad and gay it is for 30 year old men who are loners

5. Loonylion

Hey I was about 9 last time I watched it

6. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

knight rider from back in the day was fun and better compared to this 'new and improved version'

7. Loonylion

Yep, I still remember that 'KITT Vs Karr' episode where Karr was destroyed. And the one where Michael got shot, the one where he lost KITT in a bet, and the one where Michael got married. Ahh, memories :)

8. ultra

ultra Guest

never got into it, i was busy with mcguyver or watching jem, gi joe, duck tales, tale spin, transformers, and so on.

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

knight rider was awesome. oh and David Hasselhoff did not guest star he was the lead role micheal knight.
    looks intersting

10. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

This was the one show my dad and i always watched together, and my father wasn't a kind of guy that could watch shows with me.

Oh and, my dad was around 38 then and almost divorced, so yeah, partially right rorybob

11. Roshi

Roshi Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqD1KAQYey8

12. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

the hoff is the best, you gotta love this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgX-hiQdfFw