1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days-Day 151 Mission 44-Double Mission

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by mikeac, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay, I am having some trouble with the giant Heartless "Avalanche". What is a good Gear to battle it, and an effective magic? I'll try the Leviathan+ Keyblade soon, I'm wondering if this is a good choice.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I forget, but try one that has many aerial combo, it'll be easier to hit it.

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I guess fire magic is great on this battle, as for the keyblade, duel gear is recommended, although any keyblade is good as long as you can keep it on the ground. :D

4. aznpyromaniac406

aznpyromaniac406 Active Member

That is the Leviathan+, g@l1h. What I did was equipped Chrono Gear+/Phantom Gear along with a lot of fire magic. The Leviathan does have a long combo chain, but it is very weak and can drag the battle. It's better off used if you want to maintain long chains in certain challenge missions. Also go to the configuration screen and set the AI so that it doesn't attack with its weapon; magic definitely helps here.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Well I never use magic though, but like Kami, I recommend that Duel Gear, it's pretty strong.

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Me too, my shoulder buttons is rather clumsy, so I don't use magic much but fira/firaga is especially useful to ground/stun this kind of bosses. :)

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I kinda have troubles keeping him on the ground... I have the fira magic, which is better than the fire magic, but doesn't home in on the target. BTW - not to hijack my own topic, but what does the Aerora magic do?

EDIT- How do you get the Phantom Gear and what does it do? I have tried the deul gear, same results. Still going to try the Leviathan+ in a Holo-Mission first.
    Edit 2- HOLY CRAP! Leviathan+ is awesome in the air, but average on the ground. The combo lasts forever!!!

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Have you tried the wild gear? It has wide range of attack.
    Aerora toss your enemy to the air, while they're tossed they take tripple damage when you hit them.

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah, wild gear is crappy...

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Too bad, I like it though. Until, there are more powerful gear that is.
    I love the zero gear! XD

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I just owned him by spamming fira magics, two limit breaks, and the Leviathan plus.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

And there you go! Good luck with the rest of the game!

13. aznpyromaniac406

aznpyromaniac406 Active Member

If magic is not your thing, then I suppose you can use the Leviathan, but be sure to equip at least ability panels to it, so you get the combo booster (increases damage dealt on the combo finisher). I still recommend turning the AI attacking off though since their attacks are pretty pathetic and AIs are more powerful dealing magic anyway.

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I agree, I prefer it when Xion doesn't use the keyblade, her magic are really good.