1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Acekard 2i problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Omalley69, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Omalley69

Omalley69 Member

Let me start by saying that I have Akaio 1.7.. Okay now to the problem.

I downloaded a Kingdom Hearts rom that had the hex edit fix applied to it and my game worked fine up until a certain day. After a cutscene ended my game would freeze on the loading screen. Well i finally just skipped the cutscene and the game was fine. Now I'm on mission 32 and I can't get to where the boss is at due to the fact my games locking up again. When it goes to load the area the boss is in, both screens stay black and the music still plays. I'm guessing the AP is doing it's magic... Well I've been searching for the past hour on google and i searched the main thread for this games AP fix but no luck..

I also thought this might be happening because i was using the hex edit fix when i can just run the rom clean.. but the clean rom does the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated for this first time poster :-\

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Don't use a patched ROM for a game that doesn't need it. Use a clean ROM and I'm sure that will fix your issues.

3. Omalley69

Omalley69 Member

Thanks for the reply but in my second to last sentence I said that the clean rom does the same thing... That's why I'm so confused. I changed to Xenophobia's clean rom to see if it would fix my black screen issue but it's still doing it.

4. LuckyTrouble77

Just saw that. Well, first, try a back up and format. I know it sucks, but that isn't the AP at this point.

5. Omalley69

Omalley69 Member

Sorry I'm still somewhat new to this but do you mean format my memory card and see if it will work after?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes. Backup your files, format your MicroSD, and put your games, saves, and AKAIO 1.7 back on.

Use this to format your MicroSD.
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

7. LuckyTrouble77

That's generally the recommended tool, but I've used normal Windows formatting multiple times now. Seems to get the job done fine. I realize it isn't as safe for my little memory stick, but I can pick up a new one for about $7 if it ever breaks.

8. Omalley69

Omalley69 Member

Well I'm in the process of putting the files back on my card... It might take a few minutes but i'll let you guys know what happens. Thank you for the help so far ;D

Post Merge: [time]1277696231[/time]
    Bad news... Same exact thing happened. I formatted my memory card with SD formatter and put all my files back on but the problems still there

9. LuckyTrouble77

Hmmm.....lets see....are you sure that the ROM you are using is 100% clean? AKAIO 1.7 should have no issues running that game, so I'm slightly confused.

Try blowing on the contacts of the cart, and in the cart slot. There might be some dust or something making it hard to read.

10. Omalley69

Omalley69 Member

Well I just tried blowing on the contacts on the Acekard and memory card but it didn't work :-\

Im not sure if it's 100% clean or not but I got it from the topic that king_leo started called the The Great NDS Collection at this link: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43422.0

I've had a good amount of experience with roms but I'm new to the flashcart stuff. If I had to guess then I would say this is a form of anti piracy.. Idk I'm so confused
    Post Merge: [time]1277735904[/time]
    Any help is still greatly appreciated guys :-\