1. This forum is in read-only mode.

kh chain of memories not saving on ez flash 3 in 1

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by crimson089, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hi, i need help on my slot 2 on my ds. i'm not sure if i made the right decision in purchasing ez flash 3 in 1, some of the gba games i tried are really not saving at all. one of these is kingdom hearts chain of memories, i'm a new fan of kh and i want to play this game too.

i have an edge flashcart with the latest firmware, i used gba exploader v0.55, there is a save file on the gba_save folder in the root of my micro sd but still the game doesn't save. i tried it on nor mode since the file is too large for the psram mode. i'm not sure if the problem is on the battery of the ez or the rom or the way i run the game. i wonder if there's a working gba emulator for the ds too... ???

i hope someone can help me out. thanks a lot..... :-\

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is no GBA emulator for the DS.
    Do you have an EZFlash 3 in 1 Plus? The Plus has issues with the NOR mode on some flashcarts.

Also, how are you playing the game in NOR mode? Are you reloading it every time with GBA Exploader? NOR mode flashes the NOR of the EZFlash to create the game. Once flashed you just play it as a normal GBA game. If you are reflashing it every time you play it may be deleting the save file every time.

If the battery were bad, you would have issues with PSRAM and NOR mode saving. The GBA Exploader homebrew backsup the save file from PSRAM every time you start it, and saves it to the GBA_SAVE folder. So until you run the homebrew again, the save file is stored on the EZFlash using the Battery.

3. crimson089

thank you for the reply, and thank you for erasing unnecessary posts.
    i was reflashing it, i'll try to play it as a normal gba game. if it still doesn't save does that mean the battery is the problem? thanks!

4. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Ehmm.... KH CoM on a EZ 3 in 1, mine says it could only read up to 16MB, and KH is 32, how do you do that?

5. TirithRR

The EZFlash only has 16MB of PSRAM memory. So you can only quickly flash 16MB games to PSRAM mode. There is 32MB of NOR memory. In order to play Kingdom Hearts, you have to flash the NOR. This takes a few minutes, but you only have to do it once. If you are using GBA Exploader I believe it tells you on the bottom how to change to NOR.

6. crimson089

7. TirithRR

The iPlayer has it's own extra hardware that allows that emulator to run. Also, I do not believe that the iPlayer can play commercial NDS games, only homebrew (like the GBA emulator) and music/movies. That GBA emulator will not work on any other flashcart. None of the other flashcarts have this added hardware, so they cannot run it.

The only way to play GBA games on a DS without the iPlayer is by using the Slot 2 expansion card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.